March 2012 Moms
Options

Just a lil Vent -ended up being longish

So I wake up during the weekdays with LO so DH can sleep in until he goes to work. I wake up with DS around 6-7 ish and DH does not have to get up for work until about 9ish

Anyways - when I wake up with LO while he is in his highchair playing before I feed him breakfast, I clean up the kitchen, unload dishwasher from night before and load it back up if needed. Wipe down counters, wash bottles, etc etc etc. Also the night before I make sure I pick up all the toys and put them away so we do not have a cluttered house.

Well on the weekends DH lets me sleep in while he does morning routine with DS. YAY for him, Thank you I love you, you are wonderful for letting me sleep in.

And I hate to complain but when I get up to come play with everyone the house is a MESS and I mean a MESS. I don't know how they manage to do that for just a couple of hours. No bottles are washed. Dishes EVERYWHERE. (don't know how they could go through that many dishes in a short period of time) Counters a mess. Toys EVERYWHERE. It is just a tornado disaster.

And I go about cleaning it all up without saying a word. The most I do is joke with him about "how could one man and a baby cause such a mess" But I hate to say anything because he lets me sleep in.

If I do get frustrated one day and say how come you don't pick up after yourself he will say something like "Well, I am watching YOUR son" UGHhh Then I say "Well I watch OUR son everyday and manage to keep the house clean"

Anyways just had to get that off my chest ending up being longer than I meant it to be. Because every weekend when I get up I go the kitchen hoping and thinking this will be the one time where it's clean .. and it just never is.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Just a lil Vent -ended up being longish

• Options
    Honestly, I just don't think men know how to multi-task.  My DH had to get DD at my mom's (which I normally do because I get off earlier) then come home and take out the dog.  His comment was "I don't know how you do it...I felt like I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off."
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hear you! I clean the house top to bottom every weekend. I keep it picked up during the week, dishes done, laundry done. But on weekends are the best time for me to get into the bathrooms and clean them and what not. So SO has LO. Then he will watch the football game and LO will be hungry and he wants me to make him a bottle or get him (LO) his lunch ready. Then I ask SO to take out the trash and empty dishwasher. The ONLY 2 thing she has to do around the house. So he does it during half time. LO will be fussing because he is hungry and SO is trying to get the things done during half time. I was not happy. When I told him he couldn't even handle watching the game, LO and taking out the trash and dishwasher I got a "I can't do everything!!" I was pretty ticked off. I do it all the time! I'm not asking you to clean the whole house! Men don't know how to multitask. It is sad. Moms rock. lol. You are not alone in this!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebeth2882:
    Honestly, I just don't think men know how to multi-task.  My DH had to get DD at my mom's (which I normally do because I get off earlier) then come home and take out the dog.  His comment was "I don't know how you do it...I felt like I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off."

Yup. This. Guys and multitasking don't seem to go hand in hand. What we think of as just every day life, guys don't get how to do.

Can you find a way to sit and talk about it instead of an off-hand comment? I know that would help here. Just choose one thing you want him to do in the morning, like the dishwasher. He's never going to do things the same but if he has one task other than the baby, that might be manageable for him.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options

Oh I've tried talking to him about this calmly and reasonably.. like.. Can you at least wash the bottles? At least take them OUT of his nursery and put them by the sink... NOTHING... sigh... also I have empty cereal bowls sitting ON the couch. (who does that) 

It totally has to do with multitasking! His idea of clean is ONE thing a day.. Like laundry one day (and that is not folding and putting them away that's another day). Bathrooms the next. Floors another. It would take him a whole month to clean the house by himself. 

I told him if he didn't have me he would cry!!  

• Options
    Haha! I could have written this post. DH cannot do more than one thing at a time. A few weeks ago, I put the laundry in, started dinner and fed DD her dinner at the same time. By the look on his face, you'd think I deserved the Nobel Prize. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"