Stay at Home Moms
Options

How long do kids believe in Santa?

I don't remember when I realized he wasn't real. Anyone remember? Or if you have older LOs, do they still believe? Are they starting to get skeptical? How old are they?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: How long do kids believe in Santa?

• Options
    DD goes back and forth. We'll see after this year when she goes back to school how many kids have stopped believing. I would say 3rd or 4th grade would be the end.
  • Options
    My fourth grader still insists she believes but I think she's just playing along. My second grader still believes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Emma is asking a lot of questions, she is 6. I would be surprised if we have any more years after this.
  • Options
    I have a 6 year old (over 6 1/2) and she fully believes.  Her BFF (a few months younger) does NOT believe and just told mine that last week, grrrr.. said "my mom and dad leave those presents, not Santa- he's fake"..  but my daughter didn't believe her, so I'm happy for that. Not ready for it to end.
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options

imageAndrewsgal:
    Emma is asking a lot of questions, she is 6. I would be surprised if we have any more years after this.

We got a lot of questions in 1st grade, but she still fiercely believes this year...just don't give in! ;) I almost did and spoiled the whole thing! 

• Options
    imageKateMW:

imageAndrewsgal:

We got a lot of questions in 1st grade, but she still fiercely believes this year...just don't give in! ;) I almost did and spoiled the whole thing! 

Thank you so much for telling me this. I love the magic of Santa and want it to last as long as possible, you give me hope.
  • Options

Alex always says what the bigger kids says on Christmas Eve betting "Santa" is Uncle Ricky/Steve/ etc. 

However, they have talked it up at school and they saw a real looking Santa at the mall.  I have not heard a doubt from her at all this year.

• Options
    Mine are 6 and 9 and as far as I know, they believe. SD may just be playing along though,

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    I honestly believed until 5th grade. I was a year younger then everyone so I guess u could say the average 4th grader. And someone I n my class told me the truth who knows how long I would believe if they hadn't.
  • Options
    DD1 has questioned us and has heard the other kids at school say that Santa isn't real, and she's 7. Our answer has been pretty consistent, "Santa will come every Christmas as long as you believe in him." 
  • Options
    imageAndrewsgal:
    imageKateMW:

imageAndrewsgal:

Thank you so much for telling me this. I love the magic of Santa and want it to last as long as possible, you give me hope.

I've gone out of my way this year to make Santa seem more real...as in Santa may or may not have an email address and he's calling her tomorrow {santaspeaking.com}. I even gave into that damn elf because I really wanted her to believe as long as she wanted too. 

• Options
    What bugged the H out of me was when SIL was ready to spill the beans to DD last year!!!  DD still believes but is starting to catch on that Santa has a lot of representatives out and about!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

my parents told me that when i stopped believing, then santa quits bringing gifts. so i still believe. pintrest has a cute story about the real santa

https://media-cache-ec4.pinterest.com/upload/197736239860878015_v6FNbJ2r.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My oldest two had it figured out by 4-5, but we don't go out of our way to be convincing. My 3-year old doesn't express that much interest in Santa outside of seeing him in Christmas shows and such.
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Options
    imageLoriLee14:
    my parents told me that when i stopped believing, then santa quits bringing gifts. so i still believe. pintrest has a cute story about the real santa
    https://mediacacheec4.pinterest.com/upload/197736239860878015_v6FNbJ2r.jpg

This! In my family the phrase was, "If you don't believe, you don't receive!" one of my high school students brought it up this week. I feigned shock and quoted the line above. Fun times!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options

SS is 9 (almost 10) and still believes. I thought for sure there would be questions last year since he was sleep walking one night and seen us wrapping presents that were marked "from Santa". But he never said anything. I know our years of him believing are getting less and less. This will probably be the last year he truely believes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • Options
    DD is only 4.5 and we just had a very intense discussion of her asking if he was real or not.  I had a hard time straight out lying to her, but did in the end.  I'm sure she has it figured out as I am a horrible liar.  If she asks again we have a plan of attack of discussing the spirit of Santa versus the person Santa.  She is a very literal little girl and very intense about the difference between real and pretend, though.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My kids were hip to it in 3 rd grade but they still play along for us I think.  We have talked about there being some magic about Christmas even if they don't believe in Santa .  Like the giving spirit and doing for others etc. 
  • Options
    My niece just turned 9 in October (in the 3rd grade) and she really doesn't believe anymore, I think she is at the point where she is skeptical on the Santa getting all over the world in 1 night thing. But her mother told her that other children believe in Santa and she needs to keep her thoughts to herself (mainly not saying anything about no Santa to my 4 year old girls). I think this was about the age that I stopped believing in Santa. My BFF has a daughter who just turned 8 yesterday and I am pretty sure she still believes in Santa. I would suspect next year will be different for her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was 8 when I figured it out and I was so proud of myself. My SD is almost 11 and I'm about 99% sure she's had figured it out for awhile, but I think she's afraid to say anything about it. SS is 7 and I could see him believing forever, haha. He just doesn't really pick up on things very quickly. It depends on the kid.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"