Preemies

Re: Part 3 of Mirco preemie series

• Options
    Wow....lots of tears this morning

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options
    That was a great read, although the very personal interactions she had with the staff makes me wonder if our NICU was missing something. Of course, our NICU was designed just for micropreemies and the sickest babies, so the atmosphere was different.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKatFCo:
    That was a great read, although the very personal interactions she had with the staff makes me wonder if our NICU was missing something. Of course, our NICU was designed just for micropreemies and the sickest babies, so the atmosphere was different.

Being a mom of two preemies I had two different experiences even though they were born at the same hospital and only a week apart gestational age. With my oldest DD, we hardly ever interacted with the nurses, and we never meet with the doctor to go over her care. I felt like the second time we were much more involved, sat on each and every round meeting, had a better interaction with the doctors and nurses, etc. 

• Options
    imagejcsntms06:

imageKatFCo:

Being a mom of two preemies I had two different experiences even though they were born at the same hospital and only a week apart gestational age. With my oldest DD, we hardly ever interacted with the nurses, and we never meet with the doctor to go over her care. I felt like the second time we were much more involved, sat on each and every round meeting, had a better interaction with the doctors and nurses, etc. 

We were involved and always tried to be there for rounds and talk to the nurses, but it was a bit of a somber place. Peaceful, but subdued.

The "feeder and grower" NICU, where DD was for a couple of weeks was much cheerier and the nurses were more upbeat and personable.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    These articles really resonated with me and reminded me of my journey with my 25 weeker.  I really enjoyed the candor of the writer describing her thoughts about the ethics involved in all of this, and her unfiltered reactions to her struggles.  This was very validating to me.  I did not have the same connections with staff as she described even though we were at our NICU for 96 days.  We had no primary, and I am ok with that.  I was balling watching the video journals, too.  Thank you for sharing.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"