Trying to Get Pregnant

NTTGPR: trouble sleeping?

What helps you when you are having a hard time falling asleep?

I literally can not remember the last time I fell asleep before 1am. and I'm up between 4am and 6am everyday!
TTC#2 Since July 2011
Me: 29, had two blocked tubes - left was cleared during lap, right was unable to be cleared. PCOS & Stage 2 Endo. DH: 32, SA = perfect
CLOMID: 4 rounds, 50mg + TI = BFN's. FEMARA: 1 round = no response
12-24-2012 : Laparoscopy, Softball sized cyst/endo/scar tissue removed.
Cycle #14 - Feb 2013 : 50mg clomid. Ovidrel Trigger. IUI on 2/14/13 = thin lining, multiple cysts.
Cycle #15 - no meds, still have cysts, no follicles. Boo!
Forced break. Continuous BCP for 6 weeks to give my jacked up ovaries a break.
Cycle #16 actively trying (May/June): Femara, TI = BFN
Cycle #17- #20 - Med/Treatment break, trying on our own = BFN's all around.
Cycle #21 - Femara, MORE Femara, Ovidrel and a Christmas IUI = BFN
MY BLOG -- About DD, TTC and everything in between!

Re: NTTGPR: trouble sleeping?

• Z-quill! I love that stuff....especially when I'm extra stressed and can't sleep! Knocks me right out, but I don't feel bad in the morning :) good luck
  • I occasionally go through phases when I can't fall asleep easily. It helps if I have a bedtime routine. Sounds kind of silly, but it works. Something like:

Shower, brush teeth, read 1 chapter of a book, go pee, kiss DH, lights out.

Then once the lights are out, no iPhone, TV, or other distractions. Rest even if you can't sleep. Good luck!
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • My trick to falling asleep is to imagine my dream house. No joke. I imagine the ousifmde in detail then the front entryway round table with large flower vase, a mirror on the right wall ect...then i imaginea what room would i go to next....
    This is i dont know because i have never gotten further than that!!
    I know it sounds stupid,but i have high anxiety and have to focus on something that has nothing to do with my real life or i would be up all night.
    My college roomate tried it after a few years of making fun of me and swears by it too!
    ....and it doesnt have to be a house it can be anything the trick is just to imagine every small detail you can think of :
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Melatonin, but it gives me crazy dreams after a couple days.

Dx: Endometriosis (2010), PCOS (2013)

TTC since 8/2012

BFP 3/9/2014  Femara 7mg + trigger. EDD 11/20/2014

http://amycookiemonster.blogspot.com

• imagebellomasimmons:
    My trick to falling asleep is to imagine my dream house. No joke. I imagine the ousifmde in detail then the front entryway round table with large flower vase, a mirror on the right wall ect...then i imaginea what room would i go to next.... This is i dont know because i have never gotten further than that!! I know it sounds stupid,but i have high anxiety and have to focus on something that has nothing to do with my real life or i would be up all night. My college roomate tried it after a few years of making fun of me and swears by it too! ....and it doesnt have to be a house it can be anything the trick is just to imagine every small detail you can think of :

Glad to know I'm not the only one who does this to fall asleep. I don't stick with just one story. I switch it up depending on my mood. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTGP March Siggy Challenge
  • Walmart 88 cent sleeping pills. Lol. My brother and I both take them because we have trouble falling staying asleep but no other OTC sleep aids work for us. I've been avoiding them though because I'm not sure if they are 2ww safe. I've also been known to pop a benedryl if I can't sleep and dont have anything else.
    Eta: forgot mobile bump doesn't do symbols.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • I occasionally will take a sleeping pill, but only if I haven't slept for a few nights in a row.  Sometimes a change of scenery will help me.  I've been known to sleep with my feet at the head of the bed to switch it up. :)  I also periodically listen to guided meditation.  (Search on YouTube for it.)  It can be kind of cheesy, but it helps to have a soothing voice to focus on.
  • Sleepy time tea works for me. You can get it at Walmart.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married Since March 2011 TTC since July 2011 Medical issues finally sorted out May 2012
  • imagebethanyvgreen:
    Z-quill! I love that stuff....especially when I'm extra stressed and can't sleep! Knocks me right out, but I don't feel bad in the morning :) good luck

Did you know that Zzzquil is actually the exact same thing as Benadryl! Crazy how they market stuff!

I occasionally use doxylamine for sleep. I like it because it knocks me out, but I don't wake up drowsy like I do with some other sleep aids. Doxylamine is actually the ingredient in Nyquil that makes you drowsy, so if Nyquil works while you have a cold, give it a try! Unisom makes 2 different ones, one which has diphenhydramine as an active ingredient and one that has doxylamine as the active ingredient. I just buy the generic brand (Walsom from Walgreens). Another plus is that doxylamine is safe for use during pregnancy. Good luck!

• Take 2 Benedryl! Works like a charm and any over the counter sleep aid is just Benedryl and the charge you double.
    My dr said Benedryl is non habit forming and safe to use.
    Good luck!
  • Benedryl did the trick! Thank you for the suggestions!
    TTC#2 Since July 2011
    Me: 29, had two blocked tubes - left was cleared during lap, right was unable to be cleared. PCOS & Stage 2 Endo. DH: 32, SA = perfect
    CLOMID: 4 rounds, 50mg + TI = BFN's. FEMARA: 1 round = no response
    12-24-2012 : Laparoscopy, Softball sized cyst/endo/scar tissue removed.
    Cycle #14 - Feb 2013 : 50mg clomid. Ovidrel Trigger. IUI on 2/14/13 = thin lining, multiple cysts.
    Cycle #15 - no meds, still have cysts, no follicles. Boo!
    Forced break. Continuous BCP for 6 weeks to give my jacked up ovaries a break.
    Cycle #16 actively trying (May/June): Femara, TI = BFN
    Cycle #17- #20 - Med/Treatment break, trying on our own = BFN's all around.
    Cycle #21 - Femara, MORE Femara, Ovidrel and a Christmas IUI = BFN
    MY BLOG -- About DD, TTC and everything in between!

• I do the story thing too.  Haven't done the dream house, I'll try that sometime.

I'll do the benadryl thing if I have enough time to sleep it off.

baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • I'm late replying to this. I haven't been on in a couple of days. But anyway. Most OTC sleep aids are just the same as taking 2 Benadryl. And also Melatonin works well. Benadryl is safe for pregnancy and TTC. Just know that it has a chance of drying your mucus. Melatonin is also safe if used in low doses and not very often. Also you can try 1 Benadryl and 1 Tylenol at bedtime. Both are safe for pregnancy/TTC. And sometimes if your body is getting used to one it works well to mix them up. I have lots of resources on sleeping. I cannot tell you the last time I slept a night without medicine to help I also have a pain syndrome, restless leg syndrome and other health issues. The story thing used to help. And it helps my sisters. And all of the above suggestions came from my aunt's OB. She can sleep fine normally. As soon as she gets pregnant she has a lot of trouble sleeping. Sorry I wrote so much. HTH someone!!
    I'm 22, My Husband is 30, we got married May, 2011 started TTC August of 2011. Started testing at a little over the year mark. I think I was afraid to find out if something was or wasn't wrong. Anyway so far. Dx: Low/weak ovulation: 1st round of clomind 11/2012 no response. Didn't do anything in December because of Holidays and everything. So waiting to start so we can to round 2 of clomid 2nd round of clomid: 1/2013? image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"