December 2010 Moms

School shooting (warning- children and death mentioned)

School shooting- warning children and death mentioned

If you have turned on the news at all I'm sure you've seen this but there has been another school shooting. This time it was at an elementary school, K-4. So far the reports are 26 dead, 6 adults and 20 children.

I am so sick to my stomach right now and my heart is broken. There were instant tears the minute I turned the tv on. O just kept asking "what happened, mama?" All I could say some kids got hurt because you can't even explain something like that to a 2 year old. I can't even imagine being one of those parents waiting to see if their children were alright. I just can't... This is so completely and horribly awful that I just want to hold O & G tight and never let them go.

I know all the children, the staff and their families will be in my T&P for a long time.

ETA: They just did a press briefing and had a different # of kids/adults. :( Changed above. 

imageimage

Re: School shooting (warning- children and death mentioned)

• This is absolutely awful and heartbreaking. I am sick to my stomach about this and feel like I'm not going to be able to function through my last class of today. Awful. 

I am friends with RyeCatcher on facebook, and she is from this town. Her little Holden's school is on lock-down, but he's safe, thank goodness, and she'll be able to pick him up once the lock-down is lifted. I can't imagine being away from Miles if something like this went down in my town!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNicole0012:

This is absolutely awful and heartbreaking. I am sick to my stomach about this and feel like I'm not going to be able to function through my last class of today. Awful. 

I am friends with RyeCatcher on facebook, and she is from this town. Her little Holden's school is on lock-down, but he's safe, thank goodness, and she'll be able to pick him up once the lock-down is lifted. I can't imagine being away from Miles if something like this went down in my town!  

Ugh, I would go crazy if I couldn't get to my kids after something like this. I don't know how she is staying sane. 

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't even properly respond to this.  I'm just in shock.  What a horrible, unimaginable tragedy. 
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • It makes me very scared about the world our children are going to go up in
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• Ive been following this too and I can't stop crying. I was a teacher and I can only imagine the horror from both the perspectives of the parents and the people in the school.

So horrible. Just awful.

• We're following it here at work and I'm just traumatized.  I don't know whether to cry or throw up.  I want to hold my son and never let go.  I just told DH that if I can't homeschool I'm sending J to school in Kevlar.  What makes people do such twisted things?  They're supposed to go to school, make friends, learn things, come home.... they aren't supposed to have to worry about bullies, hazing, shootings... senseless!  Prayers to all of these families.
  • Wow, T&P to Rye Catcher. Even if H is fine, I am sure she is scared.

My CWs keep talking about it, but I am a crier when I think or talk about sad stuff related to kids, so I am trying not to talk about it because I don't want to start tearing up.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • One news story says that the shooter killed a kindergarten teacher in front of the children before opening fire on the kids. I just.... I just can't. Not only their deaths but the horror they had to experience beforehand. Makes me sick.
  • This makes me so heart broken. Like halo, I don't even know how to respond. What makes a 20 year old decide to do this?!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • This is all over the news here as well! I get chocked about this! In the last 5 years I can actually NOT tell how many child-related massacres  I have heard about in the news! What happened in the 10-16 years since I attended Elementary School? And what makes these 20-35 year old snap? My biggest concern during school was if I could go home with my BFF and if we had pizza for dinner! I cant imagine how it must be to send kids to school in this environment!

<3 Cathrine 24 from Norway - Mommy and Married <3

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers
  • I can't focus.  I have so much to do and all I want is to go get my babies.  heart hurts.

image   image

• I'm with Halo. I can't even begin to imagine what those kids went/are going through. It makes me sick.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh my goodness, I heard about this briefly but didn't realize anyone had died until seeing this post.  I'm heartbroken for these families.  I can't even imagine sending C to school today and him not coming home.  Oh my goodness.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageIncogNeato:
    One news story says that the shooter killed a kindergarten teacher in front of the children before opening fire on the kids. I just.... I just can't. Not only their deaths but the horror they had to experience beforehand. Makes me sick.

Oh my god... 

• imageletranger:
    I feel so sick.

This. Literally a worst nightmare for a parent. They're KIDS! I don't even know what to say.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Absolutely heart breaking. You must be seriously demented to do something so horrific. There are just no words to describe how I feel. Those poor children, teachers, their families. ugh...sickening!

When I first read the story, it only said the shooter was killed...I was unaware that this monster killed so many others until I read your story. Unbelievable.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagejessrenee11:
    It makes me very scared about the world our children are going to go up in

This.  I feel sad and numb reading this story. This makes me want to keep Ava home and home school her.

• It makes me feel guilty about complaining about all the 'stress' in my life. I have nothing compared to what the staff, students and all the families there are going through. These people will be in my thoughts for quite a long time.
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I can't.  I'm so sick about this I just can't even talk about it.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • There are just no words to describe the awful feeling in the pit of my stomach.  Innocent children and faculty lost their lives in a selfish and senseless tragedy.  I will be praying hard for all of the families and friends that lost their loved ones today.
  • I had to walk away for a bit. I started watching, but it's too hard.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • imagejillybean800:
    I had to walk away for a bit. I started watching, but it's too hard.

I've been watching since noon. I need to turn it off and walk away for a while too. It just keeps getting worse and more disturbing the longer I watch.

imageimage
  • ='(  This is heartbreaking.  I want to put my boys in bubbles and never let them out of the house.  T&P to the families affected.
  • This is awful. Why would anyone do such a thing. If I got the story right the teacher of the kindy class he killed was the shooters own mother. I can't believe this is real. So sad. I mean who kills their own mother...then goes on to kill 18 five year olds. :(
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • I've been watching for hours. It's close to where I grew up in CT. I just can't even process it though.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• imageTripMomma:
    This is awful. Why would anyone do such a thing. If I got the story right the teacher of the kindy class he killed was the shooters own mother. I can't believe this is real. So sad. I mean who kills their own mother...then goes on to kill 18 five year olds. :(

I agree. It's bad enough when it's high schoolers, but KINDERGARTNERS??  Oh my God. And your own mother?? Jesus. I seriously feel ill just thinking about this. Mason is almost 4... it's way too close to his age that it is just making me sick. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have been in tears on and off all day for my fellow New Englanders who are suffering. I know someone who lives in there but luckily for them their kids are a bit older and therefore not in that school.

I can't even begin to imaging how these people will ever cope. This is unimaginably horrible. I think of how scared those kids must've been and the gifts under the trees that will never be opened and I just start crying for all of them.

I have never felt more blessed to pick up my daughter at the end of the day. You could tell most of the parents had been crying. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• imageKellina:

imageTripMomma:
    This is awful. Why would anyone do such a thing. If I got the story right the teacher of the kindy class he killed was the shooters own mother. I can't believe this is real. So sad. I mean who kills their own mother...then goes on to kill 18 five year olds. :(

I agree. It's bad enough when it's high schoolers, but KINDERGARTNERS??  Oh my God. And your own mother?? Jesus. I seriously feel ill just thinking about this. Mason is almost 4... it's way too close to his age that it is just making me sick. 

Yup...the triplets are 4 1/2 I already didn't want to start kindy next yera, now I really don't want to. This is the kind of thing you never move beyond, those poor kids, their parents...and the survivors. The whole nation is reeling right along with them.

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • There a no words. I just keep thinking about the holidays and how those parents and families have to go home with a bunch of presents they got for their babies, anticipating their excitement as they opened them and now they will never see them again.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks

• Like all of you, I keep thinking that they were kids under the age of 10.  Why would you go to an elementary school full of kids and do something like that??  It breaks my heart.  I also worry about sending A to school and about the kind of world he is going to grow up in.  T & P's to all the families dealing with this tragic situation.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I was completely offline (tv & computer) today & didn't know about this until I saw this post as I logged on to catch up with things tonight, and obviously the story is all over. I am in disbelief. My mind just keeps asking "why?" over & over. I can't even get past the "why?" of this.

T&Ps to RyeCatcher. How scary. I'm glad her baby H is safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"