January 2012 Moms
Options

Recent milestones

I thought it might be fun to talk about what tricks our LOs have learned recently.  They're all taking different paths to learn skills, so I'm sure we have different things we're proud they're doing.  Plus I wanted the chance to brag on DS a bit. :P

DS is officially cruising.  He can walk while holding onto furniture or shimmy along a wall.  He's experimented with letting go with disasterous results, but everyone thinks he may be walking by Christmas or soon after.  He's so little for his age that it's pretty stinkin' cute watching him cruise around the room.

He's also discovered clapping.  This morning, he tried clapping while standing, which resulted in falling.  But him sitting on the floor clapping is pretty fun.

What have your LOs been learning lately?

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
Lilypie Maternity tickers
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

Re: Recent milestones

• Options

DD has been walking for a bit, but still not much talking.

Our latest "milestone" is that she figured out how to stack and unstack the rings on that ring stacking toy. It was labeled as a "6 months" toy, did anyone's LO figure out how to use it properly at 6 months? For DD it was more like an 11 month toy. Haha.

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• Options
    imageLibraryChica:

imageBrit's Luna154:
      It was labeled as a "6 months" toy, did anyone's LO figure out how to use it properly at 6 months? For DD it was more like an 11 month toy. Haha.

DD still has little interest in stacking the rings. She chews on them and enjoys taking them off and rolling them around. I've decided that the toys are labeled according to what ages your child will no longer risk death interacting with them. Stacking rings cannot kill at 6 MO! I'm not sure how they'd hurt anyone, actually. The theory falls down a bit there. Wink

DD just started taking steps last week. She also consistantly points to dogs and says "doh" so I'm counting that as her first word. I've always said that the dog is her preferred parent.

LOL. That is probably a fair assessment - the toy ages are probably based on when they are no longer hazardous.

DD loves our dog too. Every time he runs past her she cracks up like he is the funniest thing that she has ever seen. She still calls the dog (and everything else) "Dadadadada" though.

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have stacking cups and he just figured out how they fit in each other.  He's always carried them around and chewed on them but it was amazing to watch him figure it out one day.  He's really good at feeding himself table food too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD has been cruising and clapping for a couple of weeks.  She walks really well if you hold her hand, but as soon as I wiggle my hand free she looks around and slowly sits down.  She wants to walk but I think she's afraid of falling down.  She says Daddy and calls the dogs D.  She has said (in context) daddy, mama, doggy, hi, no, thank you but only says daddy consistently.  We went to Sea World after thanksgiving and she learned how to blow kisses, it's so cute!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    My DD has been clapping and waiving for a while. She is speed crawling, pulling herself up on everything, can stand on her own for 2 seconds (if not on her tippy toes), she tilts her head to the side and blinks to get a kiss (ADORABLE), she squints her eyes when you ask her to, LOVES to put things in little cups and stack things, walks along the couch, kind of says daddy and doggy and says hey. NO MAMA ANYWHERE lol She also likes to do the little indian call (ya know, yell and then tap the lips with the hand) that is one of her latest skills :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageHilarityEnsued:

He's so so so freaking close to walking.  He stands on his own, but as soon as he realizes he's not holding on, he sort of freezes and then crouches down to the ground. 

Yes! DS does this too!

I'm so proud as to how coordinated he is. He is graceful about his falls, somehow he manages to land on his diaper padded butt, just like a cat lands on its paws.  My parents got cushions for their coffee table afraid that he'd bash his head/chin on it while learning to cruise, but he never had.  Funny because my FI's son is the most UN-coordinated 3yo you'd ever meet. 

DS loves to play peek-a-boo with himself. He puts his hands over his eyes, and waits for you to say "where's C?" and then POP! there he is :)

He is extremely verbal, no real words yet, but lots of sounds "mama", "dada", "baba", "gaa" "thhhh" "sssss", raspberries, and lip smacking too. I've been trying to get him to say other consonants, but he responds with raspberries instantly. I think he's said mama and dada in context, but lots of talking involves those noises.  He also loves to sing, always has. Music comes on and he'll wail away!

Thanks to the OP to let us all brag a little :)

Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• Options
    DD just started walking on Thursday! She's also blowing kisses, waving in correct contexts, and gaining a few new words in context :

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Options

DS also plays peekaboo.  He'll be around a corner and crawl just out of sight and wait for me to say "where's the baby?" before reappearing.  He also will try putting a blanket over his face.  Sometimes he misses and it ends up above his head, but he stares at me expectantly waiting for the cue to 'uncover' himself.

He waves bye-bye, shakes his head no, and has a few words for things.  He's got "dada" down, the cat is "ta", milk is "kkkk", and all done is "adada".  I only get a mama when he wants something.

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options

DD has completely stopped crawling and all she does is walk. I'm giving it a week before she decides to marathon train. She loves climbing stairs and says about 5 words now (mommy, daddy, doggie, teddy, up) but it'll be a cold day in hell before she holds her own bottle. 

She has also begun having legit temper tantrums when she doesn't get her way. Ugh. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm fairly certain ds can walk but he's definitely afraid of wiping out. He cruises along furniture and if you hold his hand but as soon as you let go he crouches down into a crawl. He is confident to stand on his own without holding on and Saturday he took three steps from me to DH. He waves to everyone including the dogs lol. He's gone from saying mamama to a distinct Ma ma. No da da yet but we almost got a "ball" out of him the other night. He's very into stacking and putting toys inside of other toys. Also if you ask him to give you something or go give it to someone he will come over and give it to you. I ask him to feed me a puff and he will put it against my lip and then pull it away and eat it. If he does get it in my mouth he cracks up. He also claps a lot and will put the blanket over his head and pull it away for peek a boo. He is obsessed with my belly button and likes to stick his finger in there lol. He also blows raspberries on my belly and will pretend to bite my neck when I say "don't eat me". He is too funny!
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options

We are not even close to talking at all, but he does understand a lot of words.  When we ask, "Where's Kimber(dog)/Daddy/Mommy/Papa" he looks at them, then points with his little finger its so cute.  He also is learning anatomy of the face haha, When you ask "Where's mommy's nose/eyes/ears" he will point to them, HARD it hurts getting jabbed in the eye with a little finger!

He's been able to "roll it" when playing pattacake for a few months now, but just recently started "Patting" it and clapping his hands.

When you say "Hello Daddy" he puts his hand to his ear like he's talking on the phone.

He also shakes his finger at you when singing "Santa clause is coming to town". Also pounds his fist when you say "hammer hammer"

He sings on command, its just a loud "Aaahhahahaaa" with different pitches but its pretty funny! 

Plays peekaboo, LOVES it, he crawls around a doorway/wall and we act all concerned that we can't find him, then he crawls back out and we act all relieved and he laughs and laughs.  Pure entertainment this child haha! 

DSC_0637DSC_0742 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagenamara5532:

DS also plays peekaboo.  He'll be around a corner and crawl just out of sight and wait for me to say "where's the baby?" before reappearing.  He also will try putting a blanket over his face.  Sometimes he misses and it ends up above his head, but he stares at me expectantly waiting for the cue to 'uncover' himself.

He waves bye-bye, shakes his head no, and has a few words for things.  He's got "dada" down, the cat is "ta", milk is "kkkk", and all done is "adada".  I only get a mama when he wants something.

Yes!!! DD does that too! It is too freaking cute! haha

Lets see. DD has been walking since 9 months so she's onto running now which isn't ending up so well. She's always bouncing into things or tripping over her own feet.  She's been pointing at things for awhile and clapping too. Lately she's been leaning in and kissing us (mouth closed and lips puckered and all!)... she does this especially when we're telling her "no" about something. 
    Her latest words are "hi pup pup" when she sees a puppy. 

These kids are way too darn cute!!! I love it!

• Options

DS was loving giving us all kisses last night! I just love it. Daddy has facial hair those those kisses were hilarious to him.

He also has gotten the hang of pretending to talk on the phone. He'll hold it up to his ear... well, he misses most of the time, and it's more like behind his ear... and starts jabbering "ad-dah, dadada, DAH!"  Too funny.

I'm kinda sad he's not talking for real, or pointing, or clapping, or any of that stuff.. ya'll have too smart of kids!

• Options
    imageLibraryChica:

imageBrit's Luna154:
      It was labeled as a "6 months" toy, did anyone's LO figure out how to use it properly at 6 months? For DD it was more like an 11 month toy. Haha.

DD still has little interest in stacking the rings. She chews on them and enjoys taking them off and rolling them around. I've decided that the toys are labeled according to what ages your child will no longer risk death interacting with them. Stacking rings cannot kill at 6 MO! I'm not sure how they'd hurt anyone, actually. The theory falls down a bit there. Wink

DD just started taking steps last week. She also consistantly points to dogs and says "doh" so I'm counting that as her first word. I've always said that the dog is her preferred parent.

I'm a lurker, but I'm too excited about our recent milestones.

DD's first word is also "dog"! (she even gets a /g/ sound on the end sometimes).  She's still saying dadda and mamamamamamama somewhat indiscriminately.

I've only just started seeing signs that DD might be interested in putting something back in order (nesting cups) - otherwise, her main goal in life is introducing chaos to anything that is stacked, ordered, or put away. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD is a full-time walker now and has been for the last month or so. She's really getting fast now and trying to climb. She has been trying to say things like up, down, cheese, tree, bye bye. She's also started to follow simple commands like tonight she had a ball and if we asked her to give it to Mommy, Daddy, and DS she did, going to the right person each time. She's getting so playful now... love this age!
    DS 5 years old
    DD 2 years old
    {Baby GIRL due 6.1}

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"