LGBT Parenting

Help a newbie out? CM question.

Okay. So we just did our day 9 cycle
Monitoring ultrasound.

Our day 2 showed that 10 potential follicles showed up in my ovaries this cycle. Our doc was happy and enthused.

Today on our day 9 it showed an 11mm follicle on my right, a 10mm follicle on my left, and a 6.7 mm one on my left. Doc seemed a little "meh" about the whole thing but I am sort of under the impression that that sounds good.... Or should there be more or should they be bigger at this stage?

I am back on Sunday for my next look at them, with an insemination Tuesday or Wednesday probably...

Do those numbers sound okay? Or low? Just not sure as its our first monitored cycle but my ovaries are ticking out...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

Re: Help a newbie out? CM question.

• Day 9 is fairly early for monitoring, and so I think those numbers sound good.  Follies can grow 1-3 mm a day, and you want them to be at least 18 mm for IUI.  So it sounds like you're reasonably on track for that.  Follicle growth also isn't totally linear, so you could end up with 2 or 3 mature follies for trigger.  That's pretty normal/average for a medicated cycle...so I think you are good.

Just FYI, CM is usually used as an acronym for cervical mucus in TTC circles, so you may be confusing people at bit when referring to monitoring. :) Most people just call it monitoring.

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Also, I saw you introed on 3T (our acronym for the Trouble Trying to Conceive board).  Those women are a font of information about medicated cycles and monitoring, so they might be able to give you answers with more life experience behind them.  I'm on that board and usually hear people getting their first monitoring appointment on Day 12.  We haven't done it yet though.
    Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.

• Loading the player...

This is a natural cycle, unmedicated this time our doc said she always does a natural cycle first to check the baseline... If it doesn't take this month we will move on to clomid probably next cycle :

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Oh...for a natural cycle I think that's really good.  I'm not sure how the DOR figures in, but unmedicated people usually end up with one or two "dominant" follies and those are the ones that get released.

• Good luck with this cycle manada! I go in for monitoring on Sunday will be CD11. Two or three follies is good!
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • imagemollykelley:
    Good luck with this cycle manada! I go in for monitoring on Sunday will be CD11. Two or three follies is good!

Thanks!  

I'm in on Sunday for CD12 monitoring myself!   Hoping your update is good then and you don't have to wait too long at your clinic!

:)

Amanda

• imagehlke:
    Oh...for a natural cycle I think that's really good.  I'm not sure how the DOR figures in, but unmedicated people usually end up with one or two "dominant" follies and those are the ones that get released.

Thanks.   I wasn't sure, but Healy actually asked the Dr. while I was recovering from my HSG as well (and by recovering I really mean trying to pull together my composure!), and the doc said something about how they are okay if this is going to be a longer cycle, but small if it's a 28 day cycle...  so she's not worried, and we'll wait and see, we're probably just looking at a later ovulation by a day or so.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"