Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

DAY CARE!!!!!

Fellas,

My little one has daycare orientation this week....weird right? We have to go with him to daycare, sign him in and stay with him and the teachers for 2-3 hours for two days before he officially starts next Monday. Is it weird that I'm kind of excited? Not the excited to get rid of my kid kind of way...but more so, the kid is growing up, experiencing the world kind of way. He will be 3 months old, so he can't tell me about his day or anything, but he will be around other babies, many older, and hopefully he will pick up on their milestones. Also, he will be around 4 other daycare providers who care for babies differently so he will become more diverse is how he is soothed, engagement during playtime/tummy time, etc. I could be reading more into this then I should, but I'm excited. My little boy is growing up!

Yesterday he went to childcare at our church for the first time and he was chill (even when 5 other kids were screaming) and he will also chill when his two cousins came over to play last night and they are 1 and 2. I like watching him around other kids, MAN and I'm excited!

That's all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DAY CARE!!!!!

• Options
    Sending you high fives and chest bumps from me and ColtsDad.  It is exciting and they really do pick up so much at daycare.  Parenthood in general is exciting daily with all the new changes.  Congrats on your exciting times Yes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Happy for you, dude!

Jacob started the week of Thanksgiving, and I felt the way you did in terms of him being around other babies, developing the socialization skills, interacting with the teachers in his class.  Plus, now he is forced to do tummy time everyday there, so there is also some physical development that takes place there too.

My boy is such a stud there.  I know I am his old man, but while all the other babies in his classroom are always fussing, my boy is just so chill, almost looking at the other crying baby boys like they are so lame acting like little girlsWink He really likes daycare, so we feel so blessed that he already is self confident enough to embrace that environment.

He plays it now.  The other morning I dropped him off and when he was in my arms he started crying, and the minute his teacher Margareta grabbed him up, he nuzzled into her and smiled his little sly grin at me.

You are not overreacting at all.  It is a very, very exciting time to watch our children grow!  Enjoy!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"