International Bumpies

Anyone have experience with Diclectin?

I'm Canadian. I've been prescribed diclectin for my morning sickness.  I'm taking one tablet before bed and one in the morning. It seems to be helping but I feel like a zombie.  I'm at work and I can hardly keep my eyes open.  I can't think straight.  Will this feeling subside after a few days?

Thanks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone have experience with Diclectin?

• Never heard of it!  Wish I could help.  Hope you feel better!
  • imageAlexKate45:

I'm Canadian. I've been prescribed diclectin for my morning sickness.  I'm taking one tablet before bed and one in the morning. It seems to be helping but I feel like a zombie.  I'm at work and I can hardly keep my eyes open.  I can't think straight.  Will this feeling subside after a few days?

Thanks

Im Canadian and Ive been on Diclectin since 8 weeks. For the first few days I was following the intructions and taking one in the morning, one in the afternoon and 2 right before bed. I quickly realized that I also turned into the biggest zombie sleepy head and couldn't for the life of me concentrate and stay awake at work. So after a couple of days of that I stopped taking the pills in the day and only take them before bed time now. Unfortunately my nausea was really bad in the day up until about 11 weeks but I just had to suck it up or I couldn't function. Now that Im entering second tri- im feeling much better in the day time although still find I have to take the pills at night. 

I asked my doctor if there was something else I could take instead of the Diclectin but he said that this was it and that unfortunately feeling sleepy was just part of the side-effects.

Hope you feel better soon!

BFP#1 D&C May 18th 2012 at 9 wks. EDD Dec 17 2012
    BFP#2 CP Sept 17th 2012 at 4.5 wks. EDD May 23 2013
    BFP#3 EDD June 24th 2013 IT'S A GIRL!
    BFP#4 EDD March 2 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for your reply.  I'm actually feeling less zombie-like today so maybe my body is adjusting.  My m/s subsided around 10-12 weeks with my DS so hopefully that's the case this time as well!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I took it too. I ended up stopping after 2 weeks cause I was a zombie. The ms was easier to deal with then trying to stay awake at work!
  • It was a lifesaver. 1st tri sucks in general energy wise. It took me about 4 weeks, but I figured out each time when the best time to take them was and tweaked it a bit, and once it was working, it was great. I had to take it three times, I really wish I had them with ds, I was sick to eight months.
  • I took it too (about 6 pills a day) and I don't recall it making me more sleepy then I already was.  Even if it did, I felt so crappy without it I probably would have kept taking it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ME ME !!!

I just finished my 3rd bottle. In the beginnng I took one when I woke up, one in the afternoon and 2 at night. I found it a lot easier once my nausea started to lighten up to just take 2 at night. 

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"