Military Families

XP: Any ideas?

I posted this on the Crafty Mom's board but I figured you all had some ideas also!

I have a few of my husbands old NWUs (Navy camo uniform) and I was wondering if anyone had some ideas of what I could use them for? I want to make something for DS and maybe some stuff for the house.  I really think it would be cute to make a diaper cover out of them with some PUL but I wasn't sure if the material would be too starchy or hard? TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Any ideas?

• you can make a wreath

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Personally I'm not a fan of anything being made out of military uniforms.  The only thing I don't really hate would maybe be a baby quilt or something.  
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBeachy730:
    Personally I'm not a fan of anything being made out of military uniforms. nbsp;The only thing I don't really hate would maybe be a baby quilt or something. nbsp;

This. I shudder at things made out of uniforms. My old uniforms are either turned in or donated to a surplus store.

Also, if that's your last name in your username I highly suggest changing it. Not only for PERSEC reasons but TB also suggests not using parts of your real name in your SN.

CJ 05/29/2013

• I'm in the process of making a purse out of a flight suit that my husband had a rip in.  I got the idea from pinterest where an Army wife did the same thing her husbands old uniform.  Here's the link.

https://sewlikemymom.com/military-uniform-tote/

Of course since the AF flight suit is different than the Army uniform I can't follow the pattern exactly, so I'm winging a lot of it (getting pointers from my grandmother and MIL).  You might have to wing some of it on your own too since I'm not sure about the Navy uniforms.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Ditto the others in that I am not a fan of things made out of uniforms.

However, at DH's last command someone made Christmas stockings out of old uniforms and gave them out as presents.  DH thought it was pretty cool and I have to admit the person did a good job on them.

• I bought a diaper bag that is blue digi camo from the NEX. So maybe you could make a manly diaper bag.

Oh wait, just realized you said make something for DS not DH haha. How about a dress? or a pillow? (thats what my DH suggested, I think he is hinting he would like me to do that for LO haha)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A diaper cover would be totally adorable! But I think you're right about it being to stiff of material.

I can't bring myself to cut up his old uniforms... which is silly, I'm not one of those sentimental object keeper type of people.

I second the diaper bag. It'd be a good weight of material for that, and a super cute project. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"