Postpartum Depression

Post- Zoloft weight loss?

Has anyone gotten off Zoloft for PPD/PPA and noticed a weight loss?  My DD is 16 months old now, and I've been on 50mg of Zoloft for just over a year now.  I feel like I'm ready to start weaning off (although still a bit scared that I'll start having panic attacks again).  I'm REALLY hoping that after coming off, I start losing more weight.  I lost the initial baby weight really quickly, and then gained it all back (15-20lbs) after being on the meds.  I started Weight Watchers recently, and it's been coming off slowly, and I'm hoping the loss picks up after stopping.  Anyone have inspirational stories, lol?

Re: Post- Zoloft weight loss?

• I don't want to upset you at all and you might be opposite from me, but I actually weighed less when I was taking zoloft. This was before I got pregnant with #2. I still take a low dose of it while preg b/c of panic attacks and anxiety. 50mg should not make that much of a weight difference. If you were on 150 mg or something higher I would say it might be making you gain weight. Good luck and congrats on starting WW. It works if you stick with it!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• No clue if this will really help you or not, but I have been on meds two years now and I lost weight (I was actively trying).  Being on meds didn't seem to hurt my loss.  I'm starting to wean myself off the meds- taking 25 mg now and all I want to do is eat.  I'm an emotional, stress eater so I'm thinking I'll gain if I'm not careful.  
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"