International Bumpies

Good thing/ bad thing

The good thing about going home for the holidays is everyone wants to see you the bad thing is everyone wants to see you. We're going home this year and we haven't been home since DS1 was 6 months old. Now we have DS2 and everyone wants to see us but I think sometimes they forget about jet lag, time zone change, travel fatigue and all that with a toddler and an infant. My mom just made plans for us to have people over a day after we land. I've already told her that if that day is not going well, we will cancel. I should also mention I have a teething toddler. Ugh!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Good thing/ bad thing

• Been there/Done that!

Last time we were in the states, we were only there 4 weeks, and we went from OH, IN, AZ, and Canada.  

Next time we are going to book a random house in the middle of nowhere, and make everyone come see us.  No trying to accommodate everyone else!

Good luck! 

• imageAmberinDenmark:

Been there/Done that!

Last time we were in the states, we were only there 4 weeks, and we went from OH, IN, AZ, and Canada.  

Next time we are going to book a random house in the middle of nowhere, and make everyone come see us.  No trying to accommodate everyone else!

Good luck! 

Ooh, that's smart.

Yep, I love seeing family but the visits home are exhausting. 

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I end up making a lot of empty "yes, we'd love to come over! just let us know when it works for you" promises and then not following through with getting a date out of people. I figure if they don't offer a date and time that works, I'm not going to go out of my way to add another appointment to our schedule.

For the most part, people are pretty good about understanding that we don't want to do a lot of traveling with a toddler (next time with a toddler and an infant), so they're usually ok with it if I say that I'd rather they come to us.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• We are going through this right now. I am planning a trip back to the States in March with just DD.  My entire family and some of DH's lives in NJ while DH's parents live in TX.  Originally, the inlaws were passive agressively pressuring me to come visit TX too until we compromised that they would fly up to NJ during March when their neice was performing inher school's musical.  Now, neice tells us the musical is not in March, but February.  I am not flying back to the States in the middle of winter.  So we are back to square one again with the inlaws.

Sidenote...the inlaws will be visiting us in May/June of this year so I do not think I need to travel to TX in March to see them when two months later we will be seeing them in Europe...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"