Connecticut Babies

Delivery at Yale NH?

Hi,

I'm 27 weeks pregnant with twin boys and just looking to see if anyone has delivered at yale before, especially if you had a c-section (since that's a possibility for me) looking for info on your feelings about theNICU, staff,  treatment of the hubs, do the ybirthing balls/tubs? Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks! 

Re: Delivery at Yale NH?

• I was on bedrest, had an emergency c-section and unfortunately spent 4 months in the NICU at YNHH.  Despite the tough circumstances we had a great experience and I will be returning there if/when we have more children.  Please PM me if you have any specific questions.  
    mom to V; 25 weeker born at 1lb 7oz
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

www.virginiakkent.blogspot.com

• Last year i went into preterm labor at29 wks. After two days of trying to stop my persistent daughter from coming...i was rushed for emergency c section. We both had a scary experience but we made it because i believe yale is great. I loved all my nursesthey were caring...and on top of things...they treated my hubby great...my daughter had to stay in NICU for a month and i practically lived at the hospital...and i developed a relationship at the end of that exp. I def think Yale is best hospital to be at
  • Loading the player...
  • Loved the nurses we were assigned!  That's major because it's who you'll spend 95% of your time with.  I think I saw three OBs while I was there, each just for a few minutes until it was time to push.

I had the room with the tub - it was a slow night.  While I did get in, the way the tub is designed, it's difficult to submerge your belly which to me was the whole point.  I never got back in it after that.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • I'm due in 12 days 1/29/13 and am delivering at Yale. I'm crossing my fingers that my friend who works in L&D can get me e room with the tub if its avail. They have a great floor, nice, and recovery rooms. I've heard nothing but great and positive things about Yale vs the per hospitals that are more local to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"