Georgia Babies

In pain... need advise

TMI warning!

Since having Lorenzo my periods have gotten heavy and very very painful. I feel like my ovaries are going to fall or explode, even moving around hurts. This morning getting up from bed felt worse than when I was having contractions. Is that normal? To be in that much pain?

I'm not on BC just using condoms, I wanted to give my body a break from it, buy now I think I made myself worse. Has anyone experience this much pain during their cycle?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: In pain... need advise

• I don't have any advice but just wanted to say I am so sorry you're having such a difficult time. I hope you are feeling better ASAP.
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • My periods definitely changed for the worse after the kids. Still are bad and I'm 5 years out. More painful, heavier (like crime scene blood), etc. Each month would get slightly better, but not by much. I would call your doctor and just run it by them to be sure, but I think it's just par for the course based on my own experience.
  • Loading the player...
  • How many cycles have you had since he was born? I am only on my 3rd since Brennan was born. The first one I felt like I was in labor all over again, the 2nd one was bad but not as bad and this time was more painful than it should normally be but not as intense and the first few times. I am not on BC either right now b/c I wanted my body to adjust normally. I am starting nuva ring after my AF is done. I think if the intense pain doesn't ease from cycle to cycle you should ask your dr. Sorry you are so uncomfortable, I hope you get some relief. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes I have. I use to take pain killers and not be able to get out of bed for 1-3 days a month it was not bad. Mine was due to endometriosis. After Bailey I only had 1 period before getting pg with Bryce but after Bryce I had about 6. They were still really bad. Midol helps some but its still bad. Since we're done having kids I'm mostly like getting an ablation to help easy my periods. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How many cycles have you had since the baby was born?  Mine were horrible after Emma but I had hardly any pp bleeding with Tess and got my mirena just after my 6 weeks checkup and once the spotting from that stopped, I don't really have one anymore.

I would def. call your ob and see what they say, just to be on the safe side!

• This is my third cycle since I had the baby and it's just getting worse. What sucks is that since we just moved to Houston I'm still completely lost around town and I need to find a doctor...blah!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine have been unbearable since cooper, miserable after Jax.  I have endometriosis, and pcos.  I was scheduled for a diagnostic laparoscopy and an ablation this Friday, but now I have the flu so they cancelled :(

i hate to hear this is normal after babies.  My mom never had this problem...wonder whats different now?? 

• I've had a terrible time with my periods since having Jack...FOUR years ago.  Mine are like a crime scene, too :-(  I've talked to my doctor about this and he said that unfortunately this is my new normal.  He did advise that I try something like Mirena, but I have never done well taking bc, and just didn't want to go through that.  Due to the heavy periods, I am anemic so I have to take an iron supplement.  So sorry that you are going through this. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDaisygirl613:

Mine have been unbearable since cooper, miserable after Jax.  I have endometriosis, and pcos.  I was scheduled for a diagnostic laparoscopy and an ablation this Friday, but now I have the flu so they cancelled :(

i hate to hear this is normal after babies.  My mom never had this problem...wonder whats different now?? 

my mom actually had severe hemorrhaging after she had me and had to have an emergency hysterectomy and blood transfusions when I was 2. I always wonder if having the Mirena has kept me from having similar issues.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"