Secondary IF

Talk to me about endometriosis

So at my IUI today the dr. on duty was having some difficulty getting the catheter through my cervix.  

I should mention that this is the first time in months that I have ovulated on my right side and I got two mature follicles. Another first b/c I just started Letrozole.  

Anyway...I asked if he was having difficulty because my right ovary likes to hide?  He said no but that he suspects that it is stuck there because he thinks I could have endometriosis.  I had an HSG and tubes are clear but now I am freaked out about what he said.  We discussed the fact that I could have the LAP but I could also continue with another few rounds of IUI and then move to IVF.  

I am confused now what the right thing is to do.  Those with endo...can you tell me a little more about your story and what you did/why?

My dr. hasn't mentioned this to me.  I asked the dr. I saw why he thinks my dr. hadn't and he said that they don't usually suggest a LAP unless it is severe.

Any thoughts/advice would be helpful.

Thanks! 

Re: Talk to me about endometriosis

• I have endo and have since I was 17. The first time around my HSG showed scar tissue and blockage but the saline flush was able to clear it out. This time my HSG showed that my lining was perfect and I had no blockage! Was your lining ok? I would say if you had endo and it was severe the HSG would've shown signs but I could be wrong. I would ask if he feels a LAP is absolutely necessary and would help a lot or if he would suggest moving on to more rounds of IUI! I wish I had more advice!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• I have endo and was actually just recently diagnosed with the disease in Septmeber.  My doctor believes though that I've had the disease for 15+ years.  It has DESTROYED my reproductive organs.  I had major surgery to remove it and detach my colon from my left tube and ovary.  The surgeon salvaged the left tube and ovary, but doesn't have much hope for them in terms of producing the take home baby.  I have had NO children and that is essentially how my diagnosis came about.  I had horrible horrible menstrual pains, combined with painful sex and no baby led to the assumption that I had the disease.  After my laparascopy (combined with multiple other procedures. see siggy below) I was told to go to an RE.  My RE suggested move straight to IVF or try two rounds of IUI.  DH and I considered the cost and decided to move straight to IVF due to low percentage chance of us getting pregnant with the cost of the drugs etc. 

My advice would be to do an exploratory lap to see what they find.  YOu don't hve to have anything removed at the initial surgery.  Endo is def. the reason I was concieving bc I couldn't even ovulate like a normal woman.  Endo is nothing to mess around with.  It comes back again and again and women with severe enough symptoms typically with have hysterectomies. I'm only 29 and would like at least 2 children so I'm trying to hold off as long as can before I make that decision, but I can tell you as soon as I"m done having my children I'm have all of it removed.  I've suffered for to to long!  Best of luck to you!  Hope you have a succesful number two soon!

All Welcome

Me: 29 DH: 30

IF DX Endo Stage III/IV SA: PERFECT!

7/16/2011 Married handsome hubby!
    9/2012 Lap/Hystercopy DX w/ Stage III endo
    Bilaterial Uterine Suspension/D&C/HSG
    HCG/D&D on R/L ovaries/chromaltubation/Uterine Polyp
    10/2012 RE consult. DX move straight to IVF
    IVF #1 11/27/2012
    IVF #1 Cancelled for Low Response and Converted to IUI #1 --- BFN

IVF #1.2 BCP 12/29 Stims 1/21 w/ New Protocol - Antongonist (225 Menopur, 150 Follistim, & Ganirelix)
    ER 2/2/13 11R,9M,8F -- ET 2/7/13 2 Beautiful Perfect Blasts/5 made it Freeze! -- 2/12/12 +HPT -- 2/14/13 Beta #1 71 -- 2/18/2013 Beta #2 521 YAY! Let this be our take home baby!

4/21/13 Massive Hemorrhage from unDX placenta previa.  Bed Rest for 7 months.

10/17/13 Gave Birth to our 8lb 2oz baby boy! 

8/30/15 Started Meds for FET schedule on 10/13/15

10/13/15 TX two great blasts.  Beta scheduled for 10/22/15

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry for the late response.

I have endo and was just diagnosed with the disease.  My doctor had trouble getting the catheter through in order to do a biopsy because she said my cervix was too narrow.  They suspected endo because of that and some of my other symptoms: painful periods, pain during intercourse, pain with bowel movements, heavy bleeding and infertility.  The only way to diagnose endo is through a lap.  I had a exploratory laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy in October.  The work they did was extensive and they removed dozens of lesions and a fibroid that was growing in the uterine muscle.  A previous hysterosonogram showed no polyps or fibroids.  Sometimes a detailed look is needed to find out just what is causing the problem.

My doctor advised us to wait before trying to conceive so we can give my uterus a chance to heal.  I go back in January to discuss what the next step.  Good luck!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"