Maryland Babies

Names from the yuppie playground today

Not meant to offend anyone, but these all struck me as rather yuppie, especially after seeing their moms:

Bronson

Lillybell

Augustanna

Oh, and Violet. I guess I'll let that one slide Stick out tongue

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Names from the yuppie playground today

• imageMegcheer2:

Bronson

Lillybell

Augustanna

Um yeah, NMS. Augustanna sort of reminds me of a girl at DS's DC named Aubrianna. You should hear DS try to mangle that name..."ah ma ma ma". It's pretty, but too much IMO.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Which park??

Those aren't too bad!  

• Loading the player...
  • imageSarahKate31:
    imageMegcheer2:

Bronson

Lillybell

Augustanna

Um yeah, NMS. Augustanna sort of reminds me of a girl at DS's DC named Aubrianna. You should hear DS try to mangle that name..."ah ma ma ma". It's pretty, but too much IMO.

Haha! 

• Barf.

And this coming from a person who'd be naming her next son Knox if the whole husband named Brad and kids named Maddox and Knox thing didn't end up being to Angelina-ish for her to handle.

lovelylittleworld
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • imageRagdolls:

Barf.

And this coming from a person who'd be naming her next son Knox if the whole husband named Brad and kids named Maddox and Knox thing didn't end up being to Angelina-ish for her to handle.

LMAO! I did not even make the connection that your husband's name is Brad, too. I say go for it anyhow. 

Jen - it was the giraffe playground. Where apparently all the SAHM's of Bel Air congregate on weekday mornings with their yuppie children, glistening with full makeup and not a hair out of place as they stretch after their morning runs. No joke.

Then there was me in my sweats with my hair pulled up and no makeup. I did at least get a shower today though. 

• imageMegcheer2:
    imageRagdolls:

Barf.

LMAO! I did not even make the connection that your husband's name is Brad, too. I say go for it anyhow. 

Oh wow, I missed the Brad thing too! I was just thinking about the kids!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • imageLoveLossHopeRepeat:

*dies*

My BFF takes her son there a lot after they take her daughter to school (he's almost 3 and high energy!), and she's commented about the Stepford Wives Mommies, too. She asked me one day "did you know that there's a SAHM uniform??" and I rattled off something about yoga pants and make-up, which apparently summed it up well.

Bel Air Mommies freak me out.  

Yes! That's the uniform. Silly me, I'll be sure to dress accordingly next time hahaha

• Oh wow. We can start a "un-popular moms of Bel Air/HarCo" group if you want, Meg. I'll wear sweat pants and I always have my hair up these days. And I may even take a shower! Wink They never make yoga pants long enough for me anyway... Always looks like I'm waiting for a flood!

• imagejadebaby:

Oh wow. We can start a "un-popular moms of Bel Air/HarCo" group if you want, Meg. I'll wear sweat pants and I always have my hair up these days. And I may even take a shower! Wink They never make yoga pants long enough for me anyway... Always looks like I'm waiting for a flood!

I'm in!  The only time I have makeup on is when I'm at work or out with DH.  I definitely don't put it on to go to the playground.  Is it bad that I still wear a pair of yoga pants that are maternity because they're so.darn.comfy? 

Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • Jade - count me in! We'll be so unpopular that we'll be popular!!

Laura - I have added 3 pairs of maternity yoga pants to my regular pants collection. I do not intend to pack them away with the rest of my maternity clothes. Ever.

• imageMegcheer2:

Jade - count me in! We'll be so unpopular that we'll be popular!!

Laura - I have added 3 pairs of maternity yoga pants to my regular pants collection. I do not intend to pack them away with the rest of my maternity clothes. Ever.

I love mine too. The only thing I don't like about them is that I can't jack them up to hide my pouch since they are low cut, lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejadebaby:

Oh wow. We can start a "un-popular moms of Bel Air/HarCo" group if you want, Meg. I'll wear sweat pants and I always have my hair up these days. And I may even take a shower! Wink They never make yoga pants long enough for me anyway... Always looks like I'm waiting for a flood!

I'm in too!!  I rarely dress up on weekends/going to the playground.  What's the point? 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMegcheer2:
    imageRagdolls:

Barf.

Jen - it was the giraffe playground. Where apparently all the SAHM's of Bel Air congregate on weekday mornings with their yuppie children, glistening with full makeup and not a hair out of place as they stretch after their morning runs. No joke.

Then there was me in my sweats with my hair pulled up and no makeup. I did at least get a shower today though. 

Oh yes, I definitely seen the SAHM meeting in the afternoon too. Smile

• imageMegcheer2:

Not meant to offend anyone, but these all struck me as rather yuppie, especially after seeing their moms:

Bronson

Lillybell

Augustanna

All this post makes me think of is Bronson Pinchot, who you may recall played Balki on Perfect Strangers.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemrs. remy:
    imageMegcheer2:

Bronson

Lillybell

Augustanna

All this post makes me think of is Bronson Pinchot, who you may recall played Balki on Perfect Strangers.

Yes!! I posted the same thing on my BMB and LLHR said the same thing.

Balki Bartokomos!

• I rarely post on this board, but this post had me cracking up! Haha, I've lived in Bel Air for about a year and a half but I definitely don't "fit in". DD is only 3.5 m/o, so I have a few more months before I have to deal with this hahaha (can't wait!). I type this as I sit here in my sweats and nursing tank. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Me-29 PCOS, pituitary adenoma, high prolactin.
    DH-33 low count.
    Not currently TTC.
    DD born August 2012 via IVF. HoH, aided, ASL/spoken English.

• imagematthew_elizabeth:
    I rarely post on this board, but this post had me cracking up! Haha, I've lived in Bel Air for about a year and a half but I definitely don't "fit in". DD is only 3.5 m/o, so I have a few more months before I have to deal with this hahaha (can't wait!). I type this as I sit here in my sweats and nursing tank. 

Yes 

• imageRagdolls:

Barf.

Thoughts to legally changing your name to Angelina Stick out tongue

image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/
  • imageMegcheer2:
    imageRagdolls:

Barf.

I know that play ground...I like Annies better...that one I feel out of place in my grungy sweats! 

image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/
  • imageLoveLossHopeRepeat:

Bel Air Mommies freak me out.  

Ha!  Love this....I am not a Bel Air SAHM and when I am around them I feel so inadequate and judged. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"