Military Families
Options

Postpartum depression?

I know there is a board for this, but I feel like you ladies might understand where I'm coming from a little better.

Our little lady is 8 weeks old now, and I love her more than I ever knew I could... but lately (starting about 2 weeks ago)  I've just been feeling really down. I don't want to get out of bed (when I get a chance to sleep!) and I find myself crying a lot for no reason.

My hubby is getting out of the Navy in 10 days, and we're moving 7 hours away...and as it gets closer to the holidays I'm missing my family a whole lot more. Is this just stress combined with homesickness or should I be concerned and call my doctor?

Thanks Ladies! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Postpartum depression?

• Options

If you are concerned, call your doctor and talk to them.  Personally, it sounds like you have a lot going on right now.  That combined with your hormones being all sorts of wacky can contribute to the way you are feeling.  If it's not PPD, sometimes, just getting out of the house and walking or spending time with friends and having a conversation with adults can help you feel a little better.  

Also, please consider changing your SN.  PERSEC is a huge thing around here.  When you sign up with TB/TN/TK, they highly recommend you not use any part of your real name when choosing a SN.  There are way too many creepers who lurk on these boards.  There have been ladies in the past who have had issues with stalkers from these boards. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Also, military one source can be a great resource especially with ETSing and changes in your lives.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies. I really appreciate your input! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely call your doctor. You have a lot of changes going on in your life combined with an infant. Be proactive. Good luck! I hope you get things all sorted out. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"