New Orleans Babies
Options

Ocshner delivery

Anyone deliver at Ochsner? I was really wondering about the 2 hours they say they take the baby to the nursery after birth. Was it really 2 hours? Did you ask them not to keep her so long? Just wondering what others thought/did about that. Tia!

Re: Ocshner delivery

• Options
    Aww I hope not! I'm delivering at Ochsner Main in Feb.
  • Options

They kept my baby longer than 2 hours. I kept on asking and asking for him, but it was the middle of the night. I was so annoyed. That said, it was the ONLY downside of the birth, and they took him about 2 hours after  he was born. You can always refuse to let them. He is YOUR baby. The only reason I let them is because I was a crazy hippie who brought in a birth tub, I felt like I should "give" on a few things, ya know.

Talk to your OB beforehand,and tell them the benefits of skin to skin after birth- the reason they told me they wanted him was for the warmer; your chest is the warmest, safest place for your new little one.

Good luck! Who is your dr?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I delivered at ochsner, but I can't help you with this question since my baby had to go to the NICU so I delivered around 6-7 at night and didn't get to see her till midnight. Don't let that get you down. She wasn't breathing when she came out but she winded up fine just needed some help clearing her lungs.

Any other questions I'm hear. Like the previous post said I would talk to your Dr. They will answer any questions you have. Good Luck!

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"