December 2012 Moms
Options

She will get here when she gets here

Asking me what my due date is is fine, but just stop there.  You don't need to tell me the baby is going to be late because I'm a FTM, or it's going to early because I'm a FTM, or it's going to be on time because I'm a FTM.  Yes, I understand, your daughter was 3wks late, oh and what, your niece was breach, guess what, we aren't related and I didn't ask. 

OK rant done.  

Re: She will get here when she gets here

• Options
    I snapped on my friend the other day because of something similar. I got so sick of people texting me asking "No baby yet?". Im not even due for another 2 weeks- when he is here, you will know. Until then leave me the f alone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good Rant! I am soo sick of peoples opinions and birth stories! Irritable is an under statement
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

lol agreed!

I'm not even overdue yet, my due date isn't until NEXT monday. and yes, if she comes beforehand believe me you will know, i'm not going to "forget" to contact you. promise!

• Options
    As a 3rd time Mom, this is why after our first I never gave people my due date.  My 1st arrived at 37 weeks and it was a total shock to me that it could happen that early (my water broke).  So when I got pregnant the second time, I just told people the month I was due (and sure enough she arrived at exactly 37 weeks too).  So this time EVERYONE thought I would go into labor at 37 weeks and right now I'm almost 39 (I've had a lot of starts and stops which I never had with my first 2).  And recently I'm getting calls/texts from people asking if the baby is here yet.  Do they think I'd have a baby and not care to share it with them?  Nagging me isn't going to make the baby come faster.  I could have 1 more day or 3-4 weeks left.  Eventually it will happen.
  • Options

*golf claps* I approve of this post!

How are you feeling? (x about 10 times a day)

Aren't you ready to be done?

Are you nervous?

Gah!

• Options
    Lol, I love reading stories like this because I know it's not just a me thing. I was in Kohls the other day and a woman says oh when are you due? I said Christmas...she said oh! How wonderful! Your first though? I politely said yes..and she said oh, well you'll be late then. And I bet it's a boy because you're all belly! I looked at my husband then turned to her and said Nope, she's a girl, but thanks! People need to just mind their own business. Babies come when they want and OWT are getting old!
    imageimage BabyFetus Ticker Our Pregnancy Journey! -- http://when2bcomeone.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I'm starting to get real annoyed with this too..ppl keep asking "when are you going to have that kid?" like I have any control over it...some lady at church yesterday asked DH if they were going to have to call an ambulance for me...hello! I still have 2 weeks till my due date..LO will come out when she's ready (or when they induce) and harassing me about it won't make it happen any faster!

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options

I've been getting the "you're going to be late and have a long labor" comments a lot lately since I'm a FTM.  Really, why do people feel like it's necessary to say things like that? 

PS.  On the upside, I've had two different people today tell me that I look awesome.  More comments like that are always welcomed. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    imageLady*Timot:

Are you nervous?

Gah!

I think the other one that drives me nuts is, "Are you excited?"  I've been so tempted to lie and say "No not really, we found it's a girl.  So we're going to sell her on Ebay after she's born."  

• Options
    imageprncebride:
    imageLady*Timot:

Are you nervous?

Gah!

I think the other one that drives me nuts is, "Are you excited?"  I've been so tempted to lie and say "No not really, we found it's a girl.  So we're going to sell her on Ebay after she's born."  

I am so tired of being asked if I'm excited or nervous. I'm glad I'm not the only one! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    I'm getting tired of ppl asking me how LO is...she's still in there, so she's obviously ok..if she wasn't, they would have gotten her out by now..

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options

I hate going to the grocery store for this very reason! 

Today some older woman, looked me up and down, and then asked, "Oh, your due date must have been last week huh?" and then giggled. I wanted to respond, "Death must be at your door, haha, you know since you're old?" But instead I laughed it off and said, "Oh no later than next Wednesday actually." Smiled the most fake smile I could and pushed off. 

I did have a rather comical experience though. A mom was shopping w/her 3 kids- the oldest looked about 5/6 and was a boy. They walked past me, and I turned the aisle. That's when I heard him loudly say, "Mom, Did you see that lady's belly? It's SO BIG!" I then heard her hushing him.

It made me laugh!  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options

I hate the "how are you feeling" question.  It's like "how are you" when walking past each other in the hall-- no one really wants to hear the answer, it's just a pleasantry.  One I'd rather avoid...

Yes, people are annoying.  This will be a great reminder for when I have friends who are pregnant.  I will NOT be this person. 

m/c 12/20/09 @ 5 1/2 weeks ~ CP 1/25/09 @ 4 weeks ~ missed m/c 4/6/10 (stopped growing @ 6 weeks, stayed with me until 10) ~Foster parent to B, 9/10-1/12~ Proud Mother of Gage Stephen, born 12/26/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm with you!  I totally understand why people are curious and want to give input.  It's exciting when someone is about to have a baby! But, seriously!  My coworkers have an ongoing argument about when the baby will be born.  "Oh better get your stuff together since Wednesday is 12-12-12!..."    "No, she's not having her till the 20th because my husband will be at the hospital that night!"  Give me a break!  Or they want to know if I think she'll be early.  Are you asking about the progress of my cervix?  Should I get my crystal ball? She'll get here when she gets here!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagekerbear135:
    I'm getting tired of ppl asking me how LO is...she's still in there, so she's obviously ok..if she wasn't, they would have gotten her out by now..

Lol I never know what to say to this one. Everyone I know asks me how is the baby, it gets very old. 

• Options

My son came one day late last time (and really, I went into labor like 30 mins after his EDD passed), so I didn't get too much of that.  Already?...holy moly, it's constant.

I have one friend who (with love and appreciation I say this) is driving me nuts.  "Anything now?"  ...  "How about now?" ... "Anything change?" ...  "Now?"  I'm not kidding...like 2-3 texts per day for a couple weeks!

It makes me laugh though.  It is what it is.  I'm not annoyed...maybe b/c I'm not in a hurry or feeling super anxious or terribly uncomfortable... 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

A couple weeks ago, my doctor told me she didn't think I'd make it to Christmas. (I'm due Christmas Eve.) My son was 10 days early and this baby appears to be following the same patterns, albeit a little faster progression. I made the mistake of telling my family this information, and now everyone keeps telling me, "any day now," and "I thought you said the baby would be here by now." My doctor happens to be uncannily accurate about guessing actual birthdates, but it is still a guess and my family seems to have forgotten my actual due date (even though Christmas plans for each side hinder on the arrival of this baby - both sets of parents will bring dinner to us if we have the baby on her due date or just before or after). Gah, it is driving me nuts. Also all of my coworkers act shocked when they see me in the morning exclaiming, "You're still here? I thought you'd have that baby by now." Thanks, but I'm not actually due for another 2 weeks...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes x's 1,000,000!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Also the

When is your last day?

Is slightly annoying. I'm working until I give birth so I can take more time off after the baby. The girl who is temping for me I swear has asked me this like 6 times the past two weeks.
  • Options

So annoying. 

I honestly think most people just make comments to hear  themselves speak. Everyday I get a "oh he will be here soon, you've dropped" followed by someone else commenting about how he hasn't dropped yet. 

Friday was my last shift before I started mat leave and this one woman I worked with would almost daily for over a month tell me how I wasn't going to make it and I should go off early. Like, really lady? Thanks for the encouragement. 

And just because your first baby was early/late does not mean mine will be. He will come when he's ready, end of story.  

• Options
    imagebloomraiser:
    Any other Xmas Mamas get asked "but what day?" as if Christmas is not an actual day, but a series of days?nbsp;nbsp; No, not Christmas Eve....no, not the 26th.nbsp; I SAID CHRISTMAS!!nbsp;nbsp; AUUUGH!!nbsp;nbsp; Linus impersonation

I've gotten this a lot, like they don't believe me. Trust me, if I had a choice, I would NOT be due Christmas.
    Sweet Baby Samson born 11.16.10
    Darling Little Sydney born 12.22.12
    Two Babies in Heaven
    My Babe, More Precious is to Me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

~A ridiculous amount of love to all my Golden Girls!~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"