December 2011 Moms

Separation Anxiety

I'm having the anxiety, not DS! DH and I are supposed to go out overnight Saturday. The girls and I are going to leave early-ish and get pedicures and maybe some shopping, they guys are leaving later, when FIL and SMIL get there. We are going out to eat to watch the football game on Sunday so we won't be back until like 5 pm. I am seriously starting to feel sick to my stomach. I have not been away from DS this long in months. Please remind me why it's good to get away - I may just stay home sick...

Re: Separation Anxiety

• Ha! I can totally understand how you feel. I have never been away from DS for more than 2 or 3 hours and that's with DH being at home with him! 

I hope you will be able to enjoy your well deserved me-time!  

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• I've never left LO overnight, but I leave him 9 hours a day (sometimes more) for work, so I guess I'm kind of used to it.  I hate leaving on the weekends because I feel like I don't see him enough during the week as it is.  We are going skiing next month and I'm looking forward to the time with DH, but sad to leave my little man for 4 nights.  He'll be with my mom at least so I don't have to worry about anything.
  • Loading the player...
  • How are you doing? There is nothing that says you have to go...or that it is good for you...some parents don't need/want nights away and that's ok.

An hour is the longest I've been away from A is an hour. She spent that time with daddy. I don't need more yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCountingUp:
    How are you doing? There is nothing that says you have to go...or that it is good for you...some parents don't need/want nights away and that's ok.

An hour is the longest I've been away from A is an hour. She spent that time with daddy. I don't need more yet.

I don't remember my parents ever leaving us overnight. Then again, my parents didn't really have friends.
    I am actually doing a lot better today. I've been telling myself, I'll see him tomorrow, I'll see him tomorrow over and over. We had an awesome morning playing together so at least we had quality time today. We're only an hour away from home so if I need to come home, I can.
  • How did it go? Were you able to enjoy yourself? 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• imageRicola:
    How did it go? Were you able to enjoy yourself? 

It went pretty well! I was happy I wasn't worried the entire time. I left pretty clear instructions so I felt good about that.

I almost flipped out when they called and said they needed to know how to mix up more formula. Apparently, they dumped whatever was left over in the morning! There was at least 6 ounces left, they threw out like an hour of my life! I thought I worded the instructions really well, but when they don't know how I do things I guess they didn't understand. I wrote "Mixed milk/formula is only good for 24 hours so you will have to mix some up Sunday morning. There is 5 ounces of sterile water and the correct amount of formula to be added to it setting out. Mix them and refrigerate until needed." AHHH I could have cried. DH just took it like no big deal, but all the girls at the table just sat with their mouths open like, I can't believe they did that! I also wrote that I would like him to be in an upright position as much as possible, and when we came home FIL said, oh he sat in the chair for a little bit. That's it. OK.... 

I did enjoy the time away, but the frustration when I got home was not worth it. Maybe I'm just too particular, but I don't think I'll be leaving him again any time soon! 

• I am glad you were able to enjoy yourself for the most part! I am sorry that they didn't follow your instructions 100%, that would have made things so much easier! 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"