November 2011 Moms
Options

Rear facing Britax convertible seat ?

DD was 30.5" tall at her 1 yr appt so it was time to get her out of the infant seat. I did a lot of research and bought a Britax Marathon because it had great reviews and apparently fits well in smaller backseats. I have a 2007 Ford Escape.

We want to keep DD rear facing as long as possible. However, when we installed it today in my car rear facing there was no room for DD's legs! She could not sit in the seat without her knees bent, even when it was fully reclined. Does anyone else have this problem? Or is our girl just too tall to be rear facing anymore...she's in 90th percentile for height?

Mommy to Maddie 11/11/11

Re: Rear facing Britax convertible seat ?

• Options

It's normal and they will be fine with their legs crossed/bent.  DD2 is 31" and RF in a Britax just fine.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    DS is rear facing in a Britax. He was 30 inches at his one year checkup. He rides comfortably with his legs bent or legs crossed.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What PPs said-- I think almost all children's legs will be bent when RFing. DS1 is 27 months old, over 36" and is still comfortable rear facing. I would not turn your LO before 2 years, as it's the most recent recommendation. Remember that our LOs are far more flexible than we are, and what looks uncomfortable to adults is just fine for most kids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageJamiesWife2010:
    DS is rear facing in a Britax. He was 30 inches at his one year checkup. He rides comfortably with his legs bent or legs crossed.

What she said
  • Options
    We have the same car and carseat, but my DD was 32 in at her year appt and she rear faces fine. DD's legs are bent, but she rides comfortably.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"