May 2011 Moms
Options

A bit shaken up

I can't sleep. This afternoon my husband's coworker was in a car accident, his two kids with him. They were hit by a drunk driver, his 5 year old boy did not survive. The news reported he "fought for his life" and died at the hospital from severe head injuries. I never even met him and I cried when I heard. My husband called me to tell me to please be careful while driving...one can't help but think it could be anyone, it could be me. How does one go on? My heart aches for the family. And what's the one thought I cant let go of? I have an uneasy feeling our car seat is not properly installed...

Re: A bit shaken up

• Options
    Did you not have your car seat inspected by the police dept./fire dept. after it was installed? If not, I strongly suggest you do so. 

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Oh how terrible!  If you are unsure about yours, have it checked!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I never had it checked!  I've been in touch with Alisa from thecarseatlady.org and I found out that not all police and firemen are trained to install/check them but my city's health department has a certified car seat tech. I will be calling her on Monday...

My husband went over to deliver something to their house today when he came home he was crying...I guess they had just been at the funeral home and their 3 y.o asked why her brother was all dress up, the mom fell apart...I haven't been able to stop thinking about them...

• Options
    Tragedies like that are awful, even if you don't directly know the people involved. My SIL knew a family whose 4 year old was playing around the house and somehow touched an exposed cable and something metal at the same time, electrocuting herself. That was several years ago and I think I'm still much more sensitive to DD being around cords than other moms are. Please get your carseat checked, and otherwise there's not much you can do other than drive defensively.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"