High-Risk Pregnancy

GD - Glyburide-

So, I was diagnosed at 28 weeks with GD and up until last week it was controlled with diet - well the numbers have started to creep up and i was prescribed Glyburide 1.25 mg 2 x a day- and I will have NST monitoring twice a week. 

Anyone else having to take meds? I'm 34 1/2 weeks now,  am I more likely to have an induction? 

Me- 29 DH- 37 DD1- 9 DD2- 23 months DD3 due 1/5/13 pregnancy due date

Re: GD - Glyburide-

• It's not automatic. I was on Glyburide, but only at night, to control my morning fasting number. I did end up getting induced but I don't think the two were directly correlated.
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• I'm on glyb for the second time and was induced with DS and will be again with this LO. It wouldn't matter if I was on the glyb or not I would have still been induced for GD. Inductions are standard for a reason the placenta can break down early. Not worth the risks IMO.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Loading the player...
  • i have to take glyb in the morning and at night. I am just concerned about the placenta breaking down as mentioned.
  • Definitely have a convo with your doctor, and discuss your concerns. Like others mentioned, there is concern about the placenta.
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• I go back tomorrow for monitoring and will see if I can talk to someone about it.
  • Diagnosed with GD at I guess 28 weeks. My daytime #s have always been good with diet but fastings are horrible. Started Glyburide 2.5 2x/day. Fastings still horrible but day time are even better, so doubled nighttime dose to 5mg. Fastings are still not good... NST once a week. 
    Doctor is still not mentioning induction or C/S unless we're talking about my BP (which is always high due to white coat syndrome). But she's not pushing it with the GD but I suspect that may change after this next growth ultrasound and this week's #s :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"