1st Trimester

Going off of BCP's.

How many cycles did it take for you to get pregnant after going off of BCP's.  I've been on BCP's for over 8 years now, so I'm just nervous about how long it might take for us to conceive.

Re: Going off of BCP's.

• I was on the pill for 7 years before conceiving our son.  It took me 4 months to get pregnant but it was the first cycle charting and temping.  I realized the month I charted that I was ovulating later than I thought so we had completely missed the window of opportunity the first 3 months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I never went on the pill after my daughter was born in October 2011. 

We used condoms until August 2012. We got our BFP on November 16th 2012. So, August 2012- October 2012 Cycles. 2 Cycles.   

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I was on BCP for 6 years.  Stopped taking it the beginning of July, got our BFP on August 16th.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  •  It took us 10 months to get pregnant with DD when I went off BCP.  I had been on them for 9-10 years.  But I've had at least two friends who were on them just as long and got pregnant right away.   I was a BBT charter and my cycles were normal....it just took us a long time to conceive.
    BFP#1 on 7.1.10 ~ Little Miss M born on 3.3.11 BFP#2 on 4.7.12 ~ EDD 12.17.12 ~ natural MC at 6w3d BFP#3 in 11.5.12 ~ EDD 6.29.13 ~ angel baby lost at 18w6d due to terminal diagnosis
  • I was on the pill for 10 years, and for pregnant my second cycle off.
  • First time: 1. Got pregnant the first cycle off.

Second time: 3, but I am still nursing which surely impacted it more than the pill.

• I was taking bcp for 14 years. Went off 4 months before trying and got pregnant the first cycle. I had very regular cycles
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was on BCP for about 8 yrs, got pregnant our 2nd cycle with DS. This time, I went back on after DS was born in Jan 2011, off July 2012 and we got pregnant our 3rd cycle.

• I was on the pill for 10 years and got pregnant 6 months after stopping.  My cycles were irregular afterwards, but OPKs and temping helped pinpoint my fertile window. Good luck!
    Anniversary

• I took it all the way through my period in October...and here I am!
    BFP 11/20/2012. Missed MC on 12/26/2012.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Stopped bcp end of September, LMP was 10/1, BFP ON 11/10 so first month. With my first pregnancy it took 2 months
    DS1 10/5/09 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Well...I'll be the rarity.  It took us 23 months and IVF.  No issues found with either me or DH.  Womp womp
    2 year TTC journey with successful IVF in Nov 2012- B/G Twins!
    Baby Boy diagnosed with omphalocele and diaphragmatic hernia
    Born at 32 weeks due to PROM.  Emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord.
    Said Goodbye to our sweet Bennett after 5 short hours.  
    Spent 35 days in the NICU with our little girl.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I never went on BCPs because I was afraid they would delay things (truth is, they don't.) Unfortunately it took us quite some time and 3 IVF transfers to have success. You never know.
    Photobucket
  • 3 cycles off the BCP here.
    Hadley 3.2011 | Ali 7.2013 | Jack 1.2016
    NEW PEANUT DUE 7.2017 <3
  • Forgot to mention that I'd been on it since May 2011.
    Hadley 3.2011 | Ali 7.2013 | Jack 1.2016
    NEW PEANUT DUE 7.2017 <3
  • Go-Round #1: Went off BC after 10 years on them.  Tried for two years.  An m/c and a c/p that both ended before 5 weeks.  Went back on them in 2010 when my ex husband and I divorced.

Go-Round #2:  Went off BC this July after 2 years on because they were making me sick.  Used condoms and were not TTC at all.  Got pregnant after 3 months.  Surprise!

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• 11 months and I only ovulated once and that was due to clomid.

image  image 

BFP #1 11/26/2012, EDD 8/7/2013, Elise Anne born 8/1/2013
    BFP #2 8/21/2014, EDD 4/11/2015, M/C 9w5d, D&C 9/17/2014
  • 11 months off bcps and some clomid to get pregnant
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

• I was on the pill 10 years before my first got pregnant in less than 60 days at age 29. This time I used the mini pill while BFing then got Mirena, which I had for two years. Got pregnant this time in less than 60 days at age 33.
  • I was on the pill for 5 years and I got pregnant my 2nd cycle off.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageCaliforniaDream87:
    I was on the pill for 5 years and I got pregnant my 2nd cycle off.

ZOMG CONGRATS ARE YOU HAVING A STAMOS????? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagefattesthotteststamos:

imageCaliforniaDream87:
    I was on the pill for 5 years and I got pregnant my 2nd cycle off.

ZOMG CONGRATS ARE YOU HAVING A STAMOS????? 

Better yet, TWIN STAMOSERS????? 

• I had been on BC for about 10 years, maybe 4 years with the kind that only allowed me to have a period every 3 months. I went off BC in May, but we didn't start trying until July and got my postive test Oct. 23rd. I would definitely recommend temping, because I was using OPK's the first cycle and was getting positives but no baby. When we conceived, I was maybe two weeks into temping so I could figure out what was going on with my cycle and I actually caught my ovulation on CD 75! Just thought it was a wonky cycle because of the long bc I had been on. Good luck!!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• I was on it for 12 years consistentely!  Was terrified about having difficulty conceiving.  Went off in October of this year, charted and measured my BBT and go my BFP just this past weekend!  Looks like it's a little safer than we suspected!  :)
    BFP #1 - 12/7/2012 - EDD 8/14/2013 - DD born 8/17/2013
    BFP #2 - 3/31/2014 - EDD 12/6/2014 - Natural miscarriage on 4/28/2014
    BFP #3 - 8/4/2014 - EDD 4/12/2015 - Chemical Pregnancy discovered on 8/13/2014

• I went off of BCP in July and was pregnant in September. I ovulated the first cycle, a ovulated 2nd, and ovulated and got pregnant 3rd. If you're not charting, you should start now so you know what's going on. Sme ppl think they ovulated and don't.

i recommend the book Taking Charge of your Fertility. It's what I used. 

Good luck! 

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

• With DD I stopped in June.  We got pregnant the first month we actually tried which was 6 months later.

With # 2 (m/c) I stopped in July and got a BFP in Sept.

ETA - I was on birth control for 15 years.

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • I was on the pill for 12 years. Had two cycles off the pill before we started trying, then took 5 cycles to get our BFP. Took six months for my cycles to regulate though- very irregular at first. Good luck to you!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'd assumed that since I'm older (36) and most of my friends had a hard time of it that I'd have to wait awhile, but I took my last active pill mid-September and ovulated exactly 14 days later and we got pregnant right off the bat. Wasn't expecting that, but I'll take it!

My OB said that sometimes you have a better chance of conceiving immediately after you quit because your progesterone is still high from the BCP.

I'd been on the pill since I was about 20 with just a few short (month or two long) breaks when I moved or switched doctors.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"