Adoption
Options

Solved a mystery today (long, sorry)

We have a kinda sorta lifebook for DD that has pictures of her BM and BGM. We read it on occasion and talk about who's in all the pictures. I was showing her pictures of her BM, and she kept asking if she was the babysitter. I thought it was odd because she's had maybe one babysitter her whole life, who doesn't have that name and doesn't look like her BM, and who DD hasn't seen in a year or more.

This all happened right before we met up with BM, and I wanted to prepare her. So I said, "For some reason DD says you're the babysitter, and I just wanted to let you know in case she said something to you."

So today we're watching a cartoon and the main character's parents are going out. The babysitter shows up, and she has the same name as DD's BM!

Mystery solved! I immediately posted on BM's blog and told her that we finally found the missing link to DD's mindset.

And in a broader sense, it exemplifies how DD is at the age where she's figuring out relationships. She's learning the names of her preschool classmates, and when she sees a child who looks similar, she asks if that's one of her friends. Ditto for the kids in her gymnastics class.

In a strange way I'm kind of looking forward to it all clicking with her as to how she's related to everyone.

Re: Solved a mystery today (long, sorry)

• Options
    Does she know that her birthmom is her birthmom? Like do you tell her that she grew inside her? I am struggling with how to explain this to DD.
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • Options
    This is such a cute story! Glad the mystery is finally solved! :) 

J&B // Married 9/19/09
    J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
    November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
    January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
    February 2014: "Officially Waiting"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Isn't it amazing how they make connections?  I love that age, they are so open and just learning and putting things together all the time : )

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    That's very funny!
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    A smart little girl. I bet it is so fun watching the light bulbs going on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

mom2one, we tell her that she grew in her birthmom's tummy. That's actually part of our nighttime prayers. She's just now starting to make connections, so I think it will still be a while until she really gets it. She's not even 3.

foster1mom, it is fun watching the gears work. Sometimes it's like i can see her brain noodling over something.

• Options
    What an "ah ah!" moment! Glad you solved the mystery. :-)

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • Options

So funny!  We have a lot of these kinds of discovery moments in our household, and it's always so pleasing when we finally understand what they have been trying to tell us all the while.

Enjoy these and soak them up! 

• Options
    How cute! That's such a fun/interesting age
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm glad you solved the mystery!  I bet it was a relief to figure out what she was talking about.

Our 2yo foster son would always say "I want to go home and see the doctor."  We had NO clue where he got this or what he meant when he said it.  I would have loved to solve that mystery.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"