January 2012 Moms

10.5 months bowels - Concern?

My DD is about 10.5 months old and has not had a solid bowel for about 2 weeks. They are soft, not diaherria like but mushy. (TMI sorry). She isn't eating as much baby food as she is far more interested in major solids and will through the purees at us. She cut her front 2 teeth recently as well, could this all be from that? No fevers, she is a happy and playful kiddo. Her weight is consistant, doctor said she was born large and is stretching out... thoughts? My mother takes care of her during the day and is upset that I'm not as worried.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: 10.5 months bowels - Concern?

• I wouldn't be concerned unless she is having a lot of them.  Excessive saliva from teething creates looser stools.  It sounds pretty consistent with my DD's #2 diapers, she usually has 1-2/day.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nothing to worry about! My DD is the same way. Like PP said, it's most likely due to teething and my doc says as long as it's not the obvious diarrhea, and it's just softer it is way better than really hard poop. Constipation/dehydration is much worse. If she's her happy self, is eating, peeing and pooping she's good to go

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"