February 2013 Moms
Options

stupid comments

And the stupid comments keep coming:

"When is your due date? Oh you are so small/big...so and so is only 2 weeks from your due date and she is much bigger/smaller?" - OK as if I wasn't worried about this already. Thanks for the complex.

"Well your face isn't getting fat so you must be having a boy." - Well you don't have kids so how would you know.

"My your boobs have gotten so big. Are you sure you aren't having twins." - YESSSS!!! Thank you modern technology

"Me and J both had our babies 2 weeks late. So since you are a first time mom you probably will too." - OK thanks...maybe I will be 2 weeks early and you can shove the work up your butts.

Anyone else have the same stupid comments week after week from different people? Please share for some laughs. And remember we only have a few more months of these and then we will get the other types of questions/statements. Just keep laughing at the fact that people just don't think.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: stupid comments

• Options
    Haha yeah my boss at work told me there was plenty of time to get my maternity leave settled because there's NO WAY he'll come early because he's my first. Yup, because that makes sense! I think she just wants an excuse for dragging her feet on it but I'll be VERY PO'ed if it's not done in time!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

1- Constantly getting told by family members that I'm barely showing, don't really look that pregnant for how far along I am. I was already a bigger girl so the fact that I'm not super big yet doesn't make me feel good so I wish they would stop pointing it out.

2- This one is worse.....co-workers constantly making comments about when I'll go into labor. Them knowing I'm due first week of February and saying I'm going to go into labor in late December/early January. Why do they think it's funny or good for me to go into PTL? Pisses me off! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sales lady at Macy's yesterday:  When are you due?  Must be very soon!

Me:  Um, no not really.  February

Lady:  Oh, well, you do get much bigger with the second baby.

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

• Options
    People assuming that if you had a bad day or are in a bad mood 'it's the pregnancy hormones'.  Maybe I am just having a bad day or maybe you are a dumb ass.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married: 05/14/2011

DS Was Born: 02/10/2013

EDD: 10/19/2015

• Options

imageljburrelli:
    People assuming that if you had a bad day or are in a bad mood 'it's the pregnancy hormones'.  Maybe I am just having a bad day or maybe you are a dumb ass.  :)

Exactly! If I'm just having a bad day, I'm just having a bad day. If I contemplate slowly strangling you because you ate the last Oreo THAT is pregnancy hormones! Huge difference!  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I ran into so and so this weekend and she's due the same time as you but she was MUCH smaller than you...

(after the 4-day weekend) I ask a female coworker "do I look bigger than I did 5 days ago?"  Her - "Yes, I turned the corner and thought WOH!" (I ask because I don't want people talking behind my back.) I hate to think what I'll look like to them after 11 days away for xmas & New Years...

• Options

imageljburrelli:

OMG! you read my mind! My ILs were driving me crazy on Thank's Giving, for my MIL everything is about the baby, (I understand it's her first and she is extremely excited, and most of the time is very cute how excited she gets with all her shopping for the baby and over the top planning, but hey I'm still a person and I like to talk about other thing too!) 

And my FIL keeps on blaming everything I say on the pregnancy hormones, not to talk about his advices like: "Don't drink this tea, it's too hot the baby doesn't like it!" My answer: The baby is inside of me she will like what I like, when she is out she can choose for herself! (all in a very playful tone, don't get me wrong)

Or, when I was breaking a cold sore, and was already annoyed by the headache that comes with it and he kept on insisting that I should apply toothpaste on it, and when I asked him if he was nuts he says: "How come I saw a doctor on TV saying that?" I told him to ask a real doctor and stop believing everything he sees on tv... I swear to God he did the cross sign as if I was the devil lol ( was I too harsh? I felt bad afterwards cause I really love them, but they can drive me crazy sometimes....) 

Oh and talking about weird questions my mother asked me the other day: "Are you massaging your nipples?" ughhhhhh I understand why she asked that and come on it's my mom, but it felt so invasive somehow that I just told her we were not gonna have this conversation.... Maybe the hormones are really getting to me lol.... 

• Options

Are you sure you don't have your dates wrong?? You can't possibly be almost 7 months! 

Pretty sure i'm just hiding her under my previous girth. Thanks.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

You aren't very big at all!! No way you are almost 7 months!  She must be a very small little baby!  (Great, now I am thinking, "oh no, my poor baby isn't growing!)...

You don't even look pregnant!  (Guess I just look like a fat a** then, thanks!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• Options
    It really bugs me when people say I don't look that pregnant.  I'm already worried enough that I'm not growing and measuring behind.  ugh!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageshiningstars626:

And the stupid comments keep coming:

"When is your due date? Oh you are so small/big...so and so is only 2 weeks from your due date and she is much bigger/smaller?" - OK as if I wasn't worried about this already. Thanks for the complex.

"Well your face isn't getting fat so you must be having a boy." - Well you don't have kids so how would you know.

"My your boobs have gotten so big. Are you sure you aren't having twins." - YESSSS!!! Thank you modern technology

"Me and J both had our babies 2 weeks late. So since you are a first time mom you probably will too." - OK thanks...maybe I will be 2 weeks early and you can shove the work up your butts.

Anyone else have the same stupid comments week after week from different people? Please share for some laughs. And remember we only have a few more months of these and then we will get the other types of questions/statements. Just keep laughing at the fact that people just don't think.

Re: the first one- I'm having a boy and my face is jowl city. So, suck it random person.

Re: the second one- FTMs generally go late. Not because other moms do, though. What a weird comment. 

The only really rude comment I have is from my dad. Every time I see him he says something about me being the size of a house or "How did you even fit through the door?!" Thanks, pops. You look like crap too. 

K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

The latest comments all have to do with how "huge" I am, and how my baby must be coming soon because I've "dropped" already.

Thanks a lot, jacka** person, as if I wasn't already self conscious enough about my weight, thank you for pointing out that I look HUGE.  And NO, baby isn't due until February, and s/he certainly hasn't dropped.  I am just carrying really low.

Oh, and that doesn't mean that I am having a boy, girl, or whatever your old wives tale suggests.  (We didn't want to know the gender before birth.)

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I am a teacher. The parents in my class this is year two with the same group of kids that have seen me have each been very excited for me. One dad in particular came in yesterday morning to ask me a question but the first thing he did was stare at my belly and say "wow have they bumped up your due date?"

Joking around I said "good thing I am not the sensitive crying type these days" and covered my bump with the cover to a large plastic bin.

Ballsy comment to say to a pregnant lady. Easily laughed off as him just trying to say something but just putting his foot in his mouth.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image Visit The Nest!
  • Options

1. At Thanksgiving, my sister said, "With that hoodie on, you just look like you looked in college." Thanks, I remember how fat I was then, and I'm still 15lbs lighter than that.

2. My boss -of only 7 months- is the biggest culprit. He is an A%$ Hat, and has no filter. Here are a few of his day-to-day comments.

"Wow, your boobs are HUGE. Are they going to keep getting bigger?"

"What do you think of this beer? (Side note: I am a certified expert of beer, and will have a sip- A SIP- of a new beer when we tap it) I'm going to give your baby Fetal Alcohol Syndrome!"  

"Your water better not break while you're here! I'm not taking you to the hospital in my BMW"

"Amanda, I know you're just hormonal right now, but could you keep it down, the guests can hear you." (Ok, I deserved that one, I'm VERY LOUD)

3. Bar guests. I've been told the following statements within mere minutes of each other:

"Only 6 months? You are HUGE for 6 months!"

"You're pregnant? I didn't even notice! You're so small!"

4. From old co-workers. "Want a shot of Bushmills?"

5. From strangers. "Have you decided on a name?"

Me: "We have about 4 or 5 that we really like, but we want to wait and see what she looks like before we pick one."

Complete stranger: "So what are the names?"

Me(In my head): "Why would I tell you? I don't ask what you want to name your children! I don't care, and I know you don't care either, you just want to comment or add your two cents and I don't have time to sit here and think of a witty response to it! Shut the F#$% up and go away!!"

6. From In-Laws: "Don't get the epidural. Natural childbirth is the only way to do it.  It's how god intended, and it's brought me closer to my babies." No offense Aunt Idontevenrememberwhichoneyouare, but your kids hate you. Probably because you keep bringing up how much pain they caused you when you birthed them.

There are so many more. Mostly about breastfeeding, child rearing and my boobs.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My daughter's teacher said "when are you due?" and when I answered 2/5 she gave my belly this long look and said "I don't think you're going to make it!"

Really? REALLY!!???

Jen
    Mom to Ava 12.21.04 and Austin 10.22.06
    BFP 12/5/11...natural m/c 12/23/11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

From my Brother-in-Law: "At least I didn't make the mistake of getting pregnant."

I'm sorry...did you just call your nephew a mistake?  Granted, he was drunk at Thanksgiving when he said it.  But seriously?! 

The things people say without thinking...I'll never understand it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

These are my favorites:

1. "How are you feeling?"  Do you *really* want to know?  Because if not, don't ask that question.  I'm 31 weeks pregnant with my third boy and while I know I'm supposed to say things that make it seem like everything is puppies and unicorns, I really want to stab people that annoy me and I the baby is jumping on my bladder every chance he gets and I'm currently trying to not to pee myself.

Let's all make a vow not to ask pregnant women that question, okay?  Or if you feel compelled to ask, please be prepared to commiserate with the pregnant woman. 

2. "When are you do again?  Oh, February?  Really? Any chance they have your dates wrong and you're due sooner?"

3. From my mom, "I was talking to [neighbor] and I told her you looked like you were ready to pop."  Gee, thanks mom.

4. From my MIL, "I just don't think you're going to make it until your due date."  Great. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

"what?! you're due in February?! are there 2 in there?"  (target cashier)

"your face even looks fat!" (HR lady at my work)

"i bet you're ready to be done. you look like you're ready." (lady at work) 

JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

• Options

It just came back to me what a friend said when I told her I was pregnant: "Wow, are you keeping it?"

I swear it shocked me, I understand she had 2 abortions herself, but come on, I'm 26 and married  and we were actually trying for a baby, besides if I was planning not to keep it why would I spread the news?

That coming from a friend really hurt my feelings, needless to say she doesn't get any updates on my pregnancy.... 

people can be so insensitive.....  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"