September 2012 Moms

Random Thoughts

I think sometimes our UO and FFFC end up becoming posts about people's random thoughts, so I figured maybe we could start a thread with no other purpose than to let you say what you want.

Emilia Antoinette
10.03.12 at 41w5d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Random Thoughts

• I hate it when I'm expecting a package on Thursday.

Thursday is trash day, so there are loud trucks driving by almost constantly (three trash companies each picking up regular trash, recycling, and yard waste). 

I keep getting excited when I hear a truck drive by, and then my excited-ness turns into sadness when I realize that it's just another truck picking up all my crap.

Emilia Antoinette
  • That is all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLoisLane23:
    I hate it when people won't help themselves or won't let me help them. But then they spend all day complaining. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

You must know my mom.
  • imageBobKat22:
    Oh man. Here's a peek into the randoms floating around my crazy head. Hayden Panettiere's hands creep me out because they are so small. I'm offended by a onesie someone just gave me. It says me plus mommy equals broke daddy. The gifter just LOVED it. Gag. I want to go on a smoothie diet like Jessica Simpson.

1 - I want to see pictures.

2 - That sucks.  Someone gave me a onsie that said "Does this diaper make my butt look big?"  I get the joke - CD mom.  But still, I'd rather not draw a stranger's attention to my baby daughter's butt.

Emilia Antoinette
  • imageLoisLane23:

I hate it when people won't help themselves or won't let me help them. But then they spend all day complaining. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

I hate it when my nose itches and I know if I just picked it,  I would get the offensive booger out and it wouldn't itch. But I'm always in a meeting when this happens and I can't pick.

You're talking about skittles again, aren't you?

Oh, and pick eeeet!

Emilia Antoinette
  • Hate is a strong word, but I hate squirrels.  They spread disease, taunt my dog, and leave nuts all over my deck.  They ate my kids pumpkins that were covered in glitter.  They knock over bird feeders and spill all the seeds.  They contribute nothing to my world (unlike spiders that at least kill bugs). 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Speaking of stupid onesies--at my cousins shower she got one that said "Who's the boss?  I'm not the one wiping your a$$."

Talk about classy.

In all of the hospital birth pictures the dad is wearing a fart shirt.

Thank God they're not genetically related to me.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I like my Christmas cards from last year better than this year. And I think I'm supposed to like this years best of all for ever and ever until/if I have another kid and then I guess I feel like I'm supposed to like that years card best ever ever. But I don't. Last years card has my heart.

Because this is so important. 

Adiah Catherine ~ September 6, 2012

• imageLoisLane23:
    imagePinkLily1234:

We buy everything online and I'm so sick of all of the packaging laying around the house.  My husband is out of town for the rest of the week and I haven't bothered to bring the packages on the porch in because I don't want to deal with the packaging. I didn't order anything recently, so the boxes shouldn't be my problem ha.

First world problems.

DH get so pissed at me for leaving the boxes/plastic wrap in the living room.  I tear open the boxes to get to the good stuff and he hates that I leave the stuff in the box or don't put it all away.

DH has a small ebay business, so I just throw the packaging in the corner of the living room and tell him to deal with it.  He does because he knows that if it's laying around for more than a day, I'll throw it away.  He's too cheap to buy new packaging stuff, so he takes care of it pretty quickly!

Emilia Antoinette
  • imagemrsbhk22:

Hate is a strong word, but I hate squirrels.  They spread disease, taunt my dog, and leave nuts all over my deck.  They ate my kids pumpkins that were covered in glitter.  They knock over bird feeders and spill all the seeds.  They contribute nothing to my world (unlike spiders that at least kill bugs). 

Squirrels are awesome.  I used to have some as pets.  :-)

• This time of year is tricky because my dog hates UPS. She recognizes the truck and goes crazy. I don't know why she doesn't care about FedEx or USPS. It is just UPS. Even if we are walking and the truck passes, she goes bonkers. It is embarrassing and with holiday shopping this is now a daily thing. 

We keep getting packages that aren't for us. Last time we just walked the two blocks and left it at the correct address. The second package is from the GAP and we don't know the correct address so it is just sitting there. I'm avoiding going to the post office.

I want to drink cocoa and watch Elf tonight. Pretty sure I'm going to be grocery shopping and doing laundry instead. Boo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was so thinking this today!

I hate when people start Christmas lights around a tree in their yard and the lights only cover the trunk and bottom part of the tree because they can't reach the top. It looks unfinished and tacky.
  • I had the afternoon to myself because my MIL offered to take Nathan for the afternoon and I planned on cleaning the house and then doing some Christmas baking. Instead, I laid down on the couch for 10 minutes and woke up 2 1/2 hours later.

But it sure felt nice!

• I had gallbladder surgery over the weekend.

I bought a bottle of my favorite wine the night before I wound up in the ER and it is still unopened. I want some tonight but its probably too soon.

More first world problems.

On a positive, between thanksgiving and this surgery, I wound up with almost the 12 week ML I actually wanted, instead of the 8 I took.
    Little B 9.20.12
  • imageUnem:

I hate it when I'm expecting a package on Thursday.

Thursday is trash day, so there are loud trucks driving by almost constantly (three trash companies each picking up regular trash, recycling, and yard waste). 

I keep getting excited when I hear a truck drive by, and then my excited-ness turns into sadness when I realize that it's just another truck picking up all my crap.

ME TOO. Even down to the same day. It's today. I am waiting for my new jeans to arrive. NOOOOOOPE, just the garbage truck. And recycling truck. And street cleaning thang. 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Can ya'll take down your pregnancy tickers now? 

I'm getting tired of seeing "55 weeks and 3 days pregnant!"

Emilia Antoinette
  • imageUnem:

Can ya'll take down your pregnancy tickers now? 

YES!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our neighbor has tacky outdoor Christmas decorations. I want to steal them in the middle of the night because I feel it draws attention away from our classic, beautiful decorations. 

• Random thought...I hate my brother in laws laugh. Seriously? I want to punch him in the face. It wasn't always this way but it changed a couple years ago an he laughs in instead of out. So he's so loud and annoying. I cannot stand it.
  • imageorigamipoppy:
    I really need to clean my bathroom. I wish my kid didn't hate the car. I want to go buy more flip covers and inserts right now because I'm in love with them but my kid hates the car and we've already been out today. I've been spending waaaaay too much time on the internet lately but I haven't even updated my blog or facebook in a couple weeksoh bump. and amazon.

I LOVE my flips and am so mad I didn't take advantage of cotton babies bogo covers during Black Friday weekend.
  • I think we should do one of these weekly.  I always have random stuff to say that does not need it's own thread. Probably doesn't need to be said at all, but since I stay at home I have no one else to tell ;)

1) DS1 is almost done potty training (finally!).  He's wearing big boy underwear right now.  They're navy colored boxer briefs with frogs on them.  Way too flipping cute!!

2) I love that I don't have to buy new clothes for DS2, but I'm currently trying to wash the smell out of the clothes that SIL gave back to us.  I'm on wash #5 and it hasn't helped yet.  I hate that their house has such a strong smell!  After this wash, if it's still bad, I'm going to have to soak them for a few days.

3) Our tacky blue christmas tree and the tacky christmas lights I hung in the living room are making me very happy even though I know they're tacky.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • imageorigamipoppy:
    I really need to clean my bathroom. I wish my kid didn't hate the car. I want to go buy more flip covers and inserts right now because I'm in love with them but my kid hates the car and we've already been out today. I've been spending waaaaay too much time on the internet lately but I haven't even updated my blog or facebook in a couple weeksoh bump. and amazon.

I want to leave the house too but don't want to hear him scream.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sometimes I still hold my belly like I did when I was pregnant. Usually when I'm sitting at my desk, not really thinking about it. I find myself resting my hands on my belly. 
    Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I hate our new neighbors... they crap up their yard, their kids are annoying and attract all of the other annoying kids in the neighborhood, the have a basset hound who barks and howls all the time because they leave her chained up outside in the yard all day.  I'm sure they're pretty nice people, but I find myself not wanting to act friendly to them so they all stay the heck outta my yard and driveway, etc...

Also, I still can't get over the fact that DS and I both had major poo blowouts today at the mall.  Apparently, I am having a bad case of food poisoning or something and perhaps he is too.  I tried to make it to the bathroom and failed, so I had to promptly turn right around and drive all the way home!  Not before Jake had a blowout too though, that went all the way up his back and into his hair!  Ugh... I am so disgusted with myself, but I also keep randomly giggling about the whole afternoon!  Sorry, maybe that was a TMI tuesday post! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageallierhiana1:

Re: tacky onesies

I saw a kid in this at Target.  Classy.

As an accountant, I actually think it's a little funny.  But I don't own it.  If DS1 had been born early & before Jan 1st, I would have bought it.  But obviously anyone that knows me knows that I didn't have kids for the tax deduction. 

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• imageAndreaR1983:

I think we should do one of these weekly.  I always have random stuff to say that does not need it's own thread. Probably doesn't need to be said at all, but since I stay at home I have no one else to tell ;)

1) DS1 is almost done potty training (finally!).  He's wearing big boy underwear right now.  They're navy colored boxer briefs with frogs on them.  Way too flipping cute!!

2) I love that I don't have to buy new clothes for DS2, but I'm currently trying to wash the smell out of the clothes that SIL gave back to us.  I'm on wash #5 and it hasn't helped yet.  I hate that their house has such a strong smell!  After this wash, if it's still bad, I'm going to have to soak them for a few days.

3) Our tacky blue christmas tree and the tacky christmas lights I hung in the living room are making me very happy even though I know they're tacky.

Yay for potty training!  Took us FOREVER and it's still like going backwards some days.  Where did you get boxer briefs?  That sounds adorable.

As for my random thoughts:

I hate DH right now because he's out bowling and I'm home with cranky #1 and cranky #2 (luckily they're giving me a small break right now)

Whenever I get bored, I want to go on vacation.  I was searching hotels for this weekend and then realized we should probably stay home and get stuff done around the house.  But it was a fun idea for 15 minutes!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• imagemrssqueegy:
    imageUnem:

Can ya'll take down your pregnancy tickers now? 

Hey lover, see the threads about not being able to change siggys.

Prior to that, I totally agree!

Emilia Antoinette
  • SO's Mom wears this God-awful perfume that is SOOOO strong, and it permeates the kids' clothes (and I swear the baby's skin) every time she's around them.  As in, I want to immediately bathe them after they're around her.  I like her, and she's our go-to babysitter, but seriously, this stuff reeks.  Come to find out, she asked for it from SO for Christmas, and it's apparently not perfume but lotion (hence the strongness probably) and when SO went to look for it online, it was discontinued!  I was so happy I almost did a little dance....until he found some on ebay.....Sad

• We're moving in two weeks and I'm so, so excited.

• I've been fighting thrush in myself and LO for the past month.  After two scripts for Nystatin, new bras, boiling everything, I think it's FINALLY gone!  Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"