Cincinnati Babies
Options

New here on boards

Hi All,

Let me know if intros belong somewhere else...but here goes!

I am currently about 5 weeks along to my estimation and have a confirmation appointment next week. I am 30 and my DH 29.

We thought we would have trouble conceiving as my husband had chemo a few years ago but after he was cleared to try, I went off BC and I had a positive test in our second cycle of TTC. Needless to say, we're overjoyed but also really nervous.

I am trying to be patient but of course am over-analyzing every symptom or lack of symptom there is. I understand that's kind of normal for most women but there's the added element of having seen my husband through cancer and so you could call me hyper-vigilant healthwise.

I would love to hear from anyone else using Seven Hills and in particular, what to expect at my first appointment which will take place in my 6th week. I'm driving myself nuts reading about blood tests,etc and I really just want to go into it knowing what to expect (before I call the office one more time, ha).

ETA: This is our first, and I have never been pregnant before.

BabyFetus Ticker image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: New here on boards

• Options

Congratulations! Welcome to the boards; I am new here too. I've never been a big fan of these boards, but I thought the local one will be alright. I am 7 weeks with our second. I hear good things about Seven Hills, but I will be going to Associates in OBGYN in Montgomery.

I would start by asking what types of tests you will have and when. I'm not sure what other questions I asked early on, I'm sure you have a great list of things that have popped into your head.

• Options
    Congratulations and welcome. I am no help in regards to Seven Hills, since I do not use them. At my OB's office a first visit, is usually just a pelvic exam and pap, but I think that is because I always seem to end up pregnant around the time of my annual exam. They do a urine sample, weight and blood pressure and answer any questions you have, that's about it, at least at the practice I go to. Blood work usually happens around second or third visit. All dr offices operate a little differently, hopefully someone who uses Seven Hills will chime in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome :)

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Options
    Welcome! This board isn't super active. If you'd like to join our facebook group, let me know!
    Two under two! Here we come!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"