C-sections
Options

Natural c-section

Does anyone know anything/experienced anything about natural c-section? I know it has to do with delayed cord clamping, having baby with mommy immediately etc. I am having my 3rd c-section next year July, and hubby is not wanting me to have a VBA2C as he lost a sibling due to a failed VBA2Cs...so I understand where he is coming from.

Any advise?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Natural c-section

• Options

We didn't delay the cord clamping but I did get to hold DS almost as soon as he came out.  They cleaned him up of course, but once he was wrapped up they placed him in my arms while they sewed me up. 
    The nurse had her hand on him too since I was laying down and couldn't really truly hold him myself.

It was great, I got to kiss him and look at him and got some pictures of the two of us, all while still laying in the OR.

I would just ask your Dr about your options and discuss what you want.

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    I just had one last week! I actually don't think they did the delayed chord clamping. But unlike my last C-section, they brought the baby over to me after they cleaned him up and layed him on my chest for some skin to skin while they were stitching me back up. They even had this inflated warming blanket covering my chest to keep us warm. It was wonderful and so unlike my previous section where they simply let me have a glimpse of my baby before whisking her away.

I didn?t learn about the natural C-section until about 3 weeks before my scheduled date when I saw a YouTube video about it and I asked my OB about it and he was willing to accommodate. I?m so glad I asked. Make sure you ask your OB and reach out the hospital well before your scheduled date. I note this b/c when I toured the hospital they initally said they had a ?mandatory 2 hour separation between mother and baby? following C-sections to give moms a chance to recover and to ensure C-section babies were stable since by definition C-sections are high risk. But after I spoke with my doctor, and LC and some nurses I was able to bend the ?rules?.

BTW I am in somewhat the same boat as you regarding VBAC. My first was breech. This time around I had the option of VBAC. But hubby talked me out of it, noting that as small as the risk for rupture is, if you are the one unfortunate person who eats the risk, the results are catastrophic. So in the end, despite the fact that my baby was perfectly positioned for a VBAC I decided not to take the risk...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My midwife is going to mention it to the OB to see if he will accomadate. Hopefully he will, but he's a little old school, so I don't know what will actually happen. I know that the other OB's who are a little more modern, are open to it. One even let the father cut the cord. I would mention it at your appointments.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagenewly_naugler:
    My midwife is going to mention it to the OB to see if he will accomadate. Hopefully he will, but he's a little old school, so I don't know what will actually happen. I know that the other OB's who are a little more modern, are open to it. One even let the father cut the cord. I would mention it at your appointments.

Is this unusual? They offered cord-cutting to my DH but he had no interest in that. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Im actually very interested in the gentle csection technique as of...yesterday. Where they pull the curtain down so you can see LO being pulled out,delay cord cutting, baby immediately goes from belly to chest for skin on skin or breast feeding, and some hopsitals will even allow more than just DH/SO in the operating room.

I plan on mentioning it to OB when we get KU with our next. I think that this gentle/natural way makes the whole surgery/delivery as close to a vaginal birth as possible for us ladies who can not experience that.
  • Options
    Are natural CS common?  I like the idea of having skin to skin, but I fear I would freak out seeing my baby come out of my stomach that is cut open...
    12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
  • Options

imageewilliams1127:
    Are natural CS common?  I like the idea of having skin to skin, but I fear I would freak out seeing my baby come out of my stomach that is cut open...

They don't lower the curtian all the way down where you would see your cut open belly, just low enough where you can see them pulling LO out, almost as you would see them pulling them out of your vajay!  I'm interested in trying this if I end up with a rcs on my next one down the line!

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options
    imageklasala318:

imageewilliams1127:

They don't lower the curtian all the way down where you would see your cut open belly, just low enough where you can see them pulling LO out, almost as you would see them pulling them out of your vajay!  I'm interested in trying this if I end up with a rcs on my next one down the line!

Gotcha! Now that seems more doable!  

12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
  • Options
    imageXcrisscrossX:

imagenewly_naugler:

Is this unusual? They offered cord-cutting to my DH but he had no interest in that. 

It's a little unusal around here, but becoming more common. My DH doesn't have much interest in that either. I think he's a little nervous from last time.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would definitely suggest asking about it.  One of the hospitals in our area is now offering them regularly, and as a result, the largest hospital in the state is now starting out a program as well... all because two doctors at the original hospital decided to start offering them a few years ago.  I think that the idea of a gentle cesarean is great and hope that the idea catches on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had a spinal block and still held baby right away. She was born, suction her mouth and given to DH who brought her to me, I held her while laying on the table. She was then brought to nursery while I was stitched up and within 30 min we were back together.

I dont think I would suggest major abdominal surgery without a spinal or epidural 

• Options

I had a sort of natural c-section.

My experience was wonderful (after a horrble 1st c-section).  DH was allowed to be with my the whole time and take as many photos as he wanted.  ds was born and lifted immediately so I could see him (and he peed all over me!)  They cleaned him up right next to me and gave hm back within 10 minutes. 

They even had a viewing room.  My mom, ds#1, FIL, SIL and DH's grandma all watched him being born.

DH was also allowed to cut the cord.  I was able to carry him in my arms as the took me back to my room and I BFed ds#2 within 25 minutes of him being born.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I hope to go vaginal, but I chose my OB because he does natural c sections, should it come to that. Plans are lovely, but I want the backup option to be a good one, too.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Home in the bush.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"