recovery ?: burning sensation and tenderness — The Bump
Birth Stories

recovery ?: burning sensation and tenderness

I had a vaginal birth with no tears. I had lots of swelling and numbness the week after. That finally subsided and I had a few days of feeling really good....so maybe I overdid it, because for the past couple of days I've had a warm, burning sensation and tenderness on the inner labia and clitoris. It's there all the time, not just when I pee, so wouldn't think it's a UTI. Is worse when I'm up walking around, but not so bad sitting/laying. Anyone else experience this? Obviously, if it's not better soon, I'll see the OB....just wondering if this is a common part of recovery. I am about a week and a half out from the birth.

xp 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: recovery ?: burning sensation and tenderness

• I think it's normal - perhaps you did too much over the past few days. I mean, you just had a baby. It would be weird if you weren't sore. I was sore on and off for 5 weeks (I did have an episiotomy and two very small tears though). I say take it easy for a few days and see how you feel. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sounds like you have what my midwife refers to as "skidmarks", placed where the skin thinned from being pulled. Kindd of an "almost tear". I tood had a vaginal delivery with no tearing, but had a burning, aching sensation near my clitoris. Well, turns out ds almost tore me right there. I'm 5 1/2 wks pp, and it's still uncomfortable sometimes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ouch. These kind of posts make me grateful for my CS.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards