Birth Stories
Options

Miss P's Story

Baby was due on 10/16. That morning I went in for my OB appointment and gave my Dr the "please get her out of me" look. My Dr did a membrane sweep and wished me luck. That night I woke up several times (At first I didnt think anything of it because I get up to pee several times) but at 3:30am, I realized that I had woken up every 20 minutes for the past couple hours, I was cramping and, my back was killing me. I decided to stay awake and see if I was having contractions. After another half an hour went by I realized that I was, indeed contracting. I got dressed, pulled up my hair and put on some light make up so I could feel human. I woke up my husband (who thought I woke him up because he was late for work...) and we prepared to leave. As he was setting his work voice-mail and letting his boss know he was starting his leave I was on my knees in the living room floor. We headed to the hospital.

At 5:30am they admitted me and I was already at 5cm. My contractions were starting to hurt really bad. I was joking in between but they were getting the best of me. I was waiting for an epidural but no one could find a vein for the IV first. It took 5 tries from 3 different people. I wanted to cry every time they tried again. Finally at 7am the anesthesiologist came in and did the IV himself (IN ONE TRY) and gave me the epidural. I wanted to kiss him, he was my best friend then. For the next 4 and a half hours I laid around joking with family, encouraging them to get breakfast, and napped. At 11:30am my nurse told me we would start pushing at Noon and that it would probably take a couple of hours since this was my first. At 11:50 she came to check me again and I was at 10cm, she was like "well let have a baby!" Everyone but my husband and the nurses/Doctor left. I started pushing and they told me she was sideways and the cord was around her neck. They mentioned the vacuum and possibly a c-section but continued to have me push. I pushed 3 more times and she was out. At Noon on the dot! Only 10 minutes of pushing. She cried out and they put her on me and it was amazing. She is a beauty! 

I didnt have a plan when I went in. My husband and I decided early on that we wanted to just roll with things as they came. I didnt want to make a plan only to possibly have it all fall apart. And it was really so much more relaxing that way, for us. I did have an episiotomy since I only pushed for 10 minutes. But it was not that bad at all and the healing was alright. It has been almost a whole month and I feel completely healed. Things seemed a little difficult here and there but I had a wonderful experience and now I have a beautiful little girl!  7lbs 4oz and 19 3/4 inches long! 

Re: Miss P's Story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"