Birth Stories
Options

My Christmas miracle

I swear I get the most shocked looks when I tell people this story but I swear, cant make this up lol

My son was due 12/27/2009. I was having a pretty normal pregnancy up until the very end. In the last month of being pregnant..i was putting on weight like crazy and getting BIG. I thought I was just getting fat but my mom noticed that I was swollen...everywhere. My shoes would barely tie around my ankels. I pointed it out to my dr but she said everything else looked ok.

Because of the holiday coming up I was bein seen only like 4 days apart. I went in for the first visit and everything was fine. I went back in on Wednesday the 23rd and I had gained 5 lbs in 3 days. I knew something was wrong with that and when they took my BP the nurse won't tell me what it was but that it was HIGH. They had my give a urine sample and lay in the bed on my left side for a few mins. My husband was at work so my parents came with me and I could see the concern on my moms face. I joked that my BP went up bc I had gained a total of 65 lbs! I was so scared I was going to give birth to a 25 pound kid.

They retook my BP and it was still high so they sent me to the L&D floor of the hospital. I gave more urine and blood and was hooked up to the monitors. I called my husband and left him a voice mail telling him not to worry and that I was sure it would be okay.

I wasn't having any contractions and my urine had alittle protein in it but the nurse came in after about an hour and told me that they would prolly be sending me home on bedrest until I went into labor. I remember being happy because I was hungry and they wouldnt let me eat. I text my DH and told him to stay at work, that I was prolly heading home.

About 5 mins later, the same nurse came in and tossed a gown on the bed and told me she couldnt tell me why but that I had to put that on bc I wasnt going home, I was having a baby. I called my husband and got him on the phone. He ran out of work so fast I was scared for other people on the road.

The DR came in and told me that I was having Pre-E. and that they had to get the baby out bc I was also showing signs of the HELPP syndrome. My blood platlet level was only 88000 instead of 150,000. I had protein in my urine and my blood pressure wouldnt go down. They set me up to a BP machine that took my pressure every 5 mins and at one point...I watched the number 215/115 apear on the screen. I wasn't a big fan of the DR that was on-call once he told me he didn't know how I was talking because those numbers should be giving me a stroke.

My cervix (which was at 2 CM a few days before) had litterally, swelled SHUT! There was no way I was going to have a natural birth. Then they saw my blood levels drop even more and told me I was going to have to be knocked out for my C-Section bc if they gave me an epidural that the needle would probably make me bleed out on the table. My husband got there just intime.

They wheeled me in and the last thing I remember is hearing "Count backwards from 10"   BTW, I only got to 9.

When I woke up, I was the mother of a happy healthy 7lb 12oz boy. Who turns 3 next month!

Crazy as the day was...i'm doing it again. 11 weeks pregnant with baby number 2!

3 year old son Married 09/03/2011 TTC 02/2012 BFP 05/2012 M/C 06/2012 BFP 10/2012 Stick baby stick!

Re: My Christmas miracle

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"