Parenting after a Loss

freezing breast milk

Do any of you use ice cube trays? I've heard of this and I'm thinking of trying it (one less item to buy). Any thoughts?
We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: freezing breast milk

• I did it like theresat did.  Lansinoh bags, placed flat into a gift bag with a slot cut in the bottom, oldest one on the bottom.  That way when you need one you just pull the one from the bottom and you know you're using the oldest stuff. Freezing them flat will save you SO MUCH space.

Here is the video I saw that I got the idea for my 'storage system' from.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4nr7hxToiY

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• imageJunebug060609:

Here is the video I saw that I got the idea for my 'storage system' from.nbsp; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4nr7hxToiY

I can't wait to try this. I just started freezing my bags flat. I love this system though! Wish I'd been doing this from the beginning!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJunebug060609:

I did it like theresat did.  Lansinoh bags, placed flat into a gift bag with a slot cut in the bottom, oldest one on the bottom.  That way when you need one you just pull the one from the bottom and you know you're using the oldest stuff. Freezing them flat will save you SO MUCH space.

Here is the video I saw that I got the idea for my 'storage system' from.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4nr7hxToiY

This.  That system works so well! 

Me: 31     DH: 33
    Dx: Me: Recurrent Pregnancy Loss; DH: Low Morphology (2%)
    BFP#1: MC 3/1/11 at 6w1d - EDD 10/21/11
    BFP#2: 5/3/11 - EDD 1/9/12 - DD Born 1/6/12
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    BFP#3: MC 2/8/14 at 4w5d - EDD 10/13/14
    BFP#4: MC 5/6/14 at 4w4d - EDD 1/9/15
    BFP#5: MMC discovered 8/4/14 at 9w1d - D&C 8/5/14 - Baby Boy with Trisomy 16 (maternal origin) - EDD 3/8/15
    BFP#6: CP 11/6/14 at 4w2d - EDD 7/14/15
    IVF #1 with ICSI & PGS: May/June 2015, ER 6/3/15, 17R/17M/15F
    IVF #2 with ICSI & PGS: July 2015, ER 7/16/15, 16R/11M/9F
    PGS results = 6 normal embryos (4 boys, 2 girls)
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Natural FET 11/4/15 = BFP!
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

• I use the freezer bags as well, although I just started freezing flat.  I wish I had done that from the very beginning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageellebelle2384:
    imageJunebug060609:

I did it like theresat did.  Lansinoh bags, placed flat into a gift bag with a slot cut in the bottom, oldest one on the bottom.  That way when you need one you just pull the one from the bottom and you know you're using the oldest stuff. Freezing them flat will save you SO MUCH space.

This.  That system works so well! 

Wow! That may have convinced me to use bags!!!
    We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I only used the trays for some of the milk.  Most of it I froze in bags.   But I froze some in the trays so I could pop a cube out to make her cereal back when she was first eating cereal.  It was just easier to have the smaller servings handy.  After it froze, I popped the cubes out of the tray and put them in a ziploc bag with the date on it (takes up less space).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"