North Carolina Babies
Options

NC teacher insurance and breast pump.coverage

Any teachers out there and know if our insurace covers breast pumps?
WCR

Re: NC teacher insurance and breast pump.coverage

• Options
    I'm not a teacher, but under Obama-Care you might be able to get one. You might want to look into it. GL!
  • Options

I'm not a teacher but BCBS does have some coverage but you have to use their vendor and the price that it costs, with their discount was more than going through BRU.  I decided to just buy mine through them.

I would suggest calling the insurance company.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely not a few years ago!
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options
    I am an NC teacher too but I have no idea.  Please let me know if you find out.  Our state insurance isn't the best, so I wouldn't hold my breath :)

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    I'm not a teacher but I'm on the state health plan through BCBS - I work for the State of NC. I'm assuming you are, too? If so - I was told not now but maybe during the fiscal year renewal which is July (for NCSHP, could be for all of NC State employees - not sure.) I ended up borrowing one from a friend because I'll have a 7 month old by then.
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I called BCBS and they said they did not cover breast pump rental or purchase.  Sorry!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"