Georgia Babies

4 yr old boy Christmas ideas....

DH and I are really at a loss this year for Colin, plus every day he comes up with something different but isn't really begging for anything in particular....

So far we have:

Playskool stunt city-spiderman playset thing

Leap pad games and app store card-my mom got him a leap pad 2 and games that she gave him when they were here for TG. He loves it which is good. 

Web shooting spiderman

Captain America Shield that shoots

Hess truck (Family tradition)

Oh yeah and yellow GAK as a stocking stuffer...this he mentions daily...

We have a playroom full of crap he doesn't play with and this year it seems like we have very little for him but there is also nothing he is overly excited about. It just seems like we don't have a wow factor toy this year....

What are you getting your 4 yr old boy?  

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 4 yr old boy Christmas ideas....

• I think that's plenty, but we don't get a lot of gifts for Abigail. Abigail plays with pretty much all her toys, but right before Christmas we go through her toys and pick out stuff to take to goodwill. That way you make room for all the toys that he will inevitably get from others. 
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We honestly purged like crazy about a month ago. Like donated 2/3 of the random toys he had and never played with. He plays with what he has so much  more often now. I think it was a case of too much and no where to focus. It was our fault and the grands for always going crazy. 

This year he is asking santa for a remote controlled truck and Pop the pig( a game)

We got him:

Two of these, we love to chase around the house and play soft guns.

https://www.amazon.com/Hog-Wild-Red-Power-Popper/dp/B005FH3XDO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT1_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2IHKJ6QGX6ZMR&coliid=I1TATOFEN7KG5N

and these two things

https://www.amazon.com/Battat-68024-Take-Apart-Airplane/dp/B000N5QNSK/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1354662971&sr=1-1&keywords=battat+take+apart+airplane

He loves to make paper airplanes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BLQ9J6/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i02

We aren't doing too much because the Grands always do. I got him a sunglasses drinking straw and some dollars to put in his piggy bank, and two rolls of pennies. He loves to add to the piggy bank so this is fun for him. :)  

• Loading the player...
  • I think what we got is plenty but I just feel like in terms of excitement factor the selection is lacking. I need to purge our playroom big time but I feel reluctant to do it b/c we have B. That being said our playroom explosion is b/c of the grands and birthdays. I can honestly say we purchased very little of what is up there. We need to donate everything that he doesn't play with. I am really over the amount of toys we have and I do think he'd play with more for a longer period of time if there was less to look at. Thanks for the suggestions Ra. That stuff looks like fun. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Don't worry about not having a big gift.  Gavin isn't getting one either and last year all he wanted was a fire truck- easy.  The main thing he says he wants is a Spongebob Lego set and Beyblades.  I figure there will be plenty of years of BIG stuff so I'm enjoying getting away with the small gifts while I still can.  He's happy with anything really.  I wanted to get him a bike but he said no- lol!  He still can't pedal and I think he's embarrassed.  We'll be working on that this summer!

• imageMrsL1022:
    I think what we got is plenty but I just feel like in terms of excitement factor the selection is lacking. I need to purge our playroom big time but I feel reluctant to do it b/c we have B. That being said our playroom explosion is b/c of the grands and birthdays. I can honestly say we purchased very little of what is up there. We need to donate everything that he doesn't play with. I am really over the amount of toys we have and I do think he'd play with more for a longer period of time if there was less to look at. Thanks for the suggestions Ra. That stuff looks like fun. 

I was worried about this too. I didn't want to purge b/c of Bryce and now Preston but I did it anyways. I learned that the grands will get even more for the new one and then you have so much more its insane. I did keep some stuff like all our little people stuff. I also started packing up some stuff and rotating it in/out.

I totally get what you mean by the wow factor. I had no clue what to get Bailey. We ended up goign with the star wars jedi force stuff for him b/c he loves the little play figurines we got at disney in september of star wars. We are actually doing the Want, Need, Wear, Read and I added Watch gift giving this year.  

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Didn't C say he wanted another little brother? That sounds like a nice big gift.

hahaha Big Smile

• Ok, I love Ra's idea about the rolls of coins for the piggy bank and I'm totally going to steal it.

I just finished wrapping Hannukah stuff last night and realized I went totally overboard but not really....

Both boys are getting - board games, books, lots of hot wheels stuff, puzzles from my parents, jake and the neverland pirates swords, a build a road car track, B is getting some Ninjago (minifigures) and Mario (minigifures) stuff, N is getting some Cars stuff,  Got N a Melissa and Doug bowling set that he wanted.B got those hulk smash hands that he wanted. 

A lot of the stuff they are getting, they can share.  It's hard with N not only because he's 3 going on 30 but because he hasn't shown a main interest in a lot of things yet like B has...except for cars and trains. 

I'll probably also pick up some beyblades and hexbugs that B wants but may save those for his bday.  May pick up a superhero lego thing that he wants. 

I so can't wait until they are old enough for one big gift and a few smaller ones instead of 8 nights of presents! No matter how small I do for each night, I still spent 2 hours wrapping everything!

I just cleaned out 3/4 of their playroom with stuff that they never play with and I hate to fill it up with junk again so while I think I went overboard, I don't think I did because we replenished board games, books, etc.

(Oh and B has that Captain America shield and both boys love it!)

• imageJulesDiane:

Didn't C say he wanted another little brother? That sounds like a nice big gift.

hahaha Big Smile

LOL yes, he did mention that, but he gave short notice on that request HA! 
  • Jax's "big" present is a hex but track and some bugs.  He got sme $ early and bought a ds and plays it constantly, so we will probably get him games. 

Also on his list is leap pad games, slinky, Disney movies, elefun game.

we also found an avengers chutes and ladders that he is getting. 

• so far we have nothing, lol!  I think your list looks pretty full already though!
  • I don't have boys, but I've gotten my almost 4 year olds a couple things that I think boys would go for.

Basic Lego box

Magnetic play set since we're traveling over Christmas.  I was originally going to do one like this but gave up and did Disney princess instead. :-) 

Art supplies (markers, pencils, little notebooks, coloring book) 

Ikea tool box

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Playmobil has really cute sets pirates, knights, and a really neat ambulance set.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"