D.C. Area Babies

DC/MD Mom Groups

I live in Kensington and I have two older children (11 and 6) that I share custody with my ex, and my SO of almost three years and I are expecting our first together in January. In many ways, I feel like a first time mom all over again! I went from being very social in D.C. nightlife (when my girls were with their dad) and working full time, to chilling at home with my SO, eating healthy, prepping for baby, getting ready to go back to college to find a way to work from home, and wishing I had more mommy friends.

I'm 29, artistic, tattooed, domestically challenged, and a hippy at heart. I love natural childbirth, breastfeeding, and babywearing...and I am interested in finding or starting a DC/MD mom group.

Are there any like-minded (natural, full swing or borderline attachment parents, or any other moms that are having trouble finding 'mom' friends) that have found a good group that I could check out? Or that would be interested in one if I got the ball rolling?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DC/MD Mom Groups

• Hi there...I'm in Silver Spring and also due in January. A lot of days I feel it's hard making mom friends too. I always see these moms walking their babies in large groups and wonder how they met. I barely have time to think let alone meet ppl. I'm a mom of two boys 6 and 8 that my husband and I share custody with my ex. 

I'm not exactly an attachment parent but I am natural childbirth mom who breastfeeds. I'd love to start or help start a mom group. Let me know.  

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Hi! I live close to you and would love to get together. I too am looking for some mommy friends since most of my close friends with children live out of state and most of my close friends without children live in state :) Sadly I just can't go to bars and join them so I'd love someone to have baby dates with! Feel free to send me a private message :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies,

i'm a ftm of an 8 month old girl.  And would love some mommy friends. I live in Glen Burnie. All the girls I do know now are single or is my mother in law! lol 

• Sounds like a great idea! I live in Germantown--just moved here this summer. When I was in TX, I joined a group that was all about BFing, BWing, CDing and was sad to leave. 

I have a 21 month old, but TTC #2 :) Let me know if you plan a meet up! I'd love to meet some more people. 

my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"