2nd Trimester

Tall girl maternity clothes

Ok, I am still wearing my pre-preggo pants, but I have a feeling that I wouldn't be able to make it all winter in those.  I have a couple Bella Bands, but I still don't think they will last me. 

I need to find tall girl pants (36" inseam) at reasonable prices.  I am not spending $60+ for dress pants and jeans!  I think that it is stupid to spend more money on maternity clothes then you do for your other clothes!!!!

Any suggestions???

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary image image image image

Re: Tall girl maternity clothes

• You might try gap and old navy. But you will probably only find them online.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm 5'11 and the only place I can find pants is at Motherhood Maternity.  Its cheap and the pants (in long) are super long and look nice.  They're not insanely high quality, but they should get you through a pregnancy or two just fine.  I tried most everywhere that sells maternity stuff, and those were the longest I've found.  The old navy ones didn't even come close, the gap ones were almost there but not quite.  I'm glad I gave Motherhood a shot- I had heard their stuff was cheap and ill-fitting, but it has worked well for me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 5'10, I got a pair of great jeans from Pea in the Pod... they have longs in most styles.  

That probably doesn't help you if you are looking for something lower priced, but they have lasted my entire pregnancy and will hold up with my potential future pregnancies as well.  

Well worth the price ($75) in my book

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I couldn't find anything at Motherhood for work pants. They LOVE their petite girls. I spoke to the sales woman and she said that their corporate requires them to carry 30% petite clothes. They don't even make most of their styles in tall. So frustrating!!

I finally had luck at Gap and Old Navy. I had to shop online for Gap though because there aren't any that carry maternity in town.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm 6'1" with a 35-36" inseam.  I find the Motherhood stuff still a little too short.  I prefer Gap myself.  I actually scored jeans for $30ea online Black Friday and cute cords a couple weeks earlier for $34ea.

SIL is also tall and pregnant.  She was afraid to order b/c she couldn't try them on but with free shipping over $50, that's just 2 pairs of pants.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I need a 37" inseam pant and get all of mine at alloy. c o m

It's geared towards teenagers, which I am not, but I've had great luck there with long pants and the prices are not bad at all. I bought a few pairs in a size up from normal and just sent them to belly hyphen jeans. c o m to be converted to maternity jeans.

Oh, and if you search online, you can usually find pretty great coupon codes for alloy.

Hope that helps

• I bought some long jeans from the Motherhood Maternity outlet. I was shocked that I could actually fit them in the leg because I too wear a 36 inseam. Also, Victoria's Secret yoga pants in tall and extra tall. You can dress them up and down. No one can even tell! Also check out Old Navy. I wanted to get a few pairs of Gap jeans but the ones I want with the full panel are always sold out.
  • Also check out longtallsally.com because I bought some work pants from there for 39.50
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"