VBAC
Options

Anyone have a VBAC after having 2 previous c/s?

I'm wondering if anyone has had 2 c/s and then had a VBAC?  My dr is against me trying vaginally unless I come into the hospital dilated to 7cm and then he said we could have a VBAC.  Honestly, I'm not sure I can make it to a 7cm on a my own and I live 90 mins from the hospital so I don't want to wait to long and then end up delivering in my truck, ya, hubbs wouldn't be happy (he wasn't happy about having a wet seat when my water broke with our first LMAO)!!!  

So, ? is, what is the risk or big deal of having a VBAC after 2?  Has anyone tried and failed?  tried and succeeded?  I have asked but hubby just says, if that's what the dr says then that's that.  Which is normally a fine answer with me (I trust our dr completely).  BUT I WANT A VBAC!!!!!!  

Anyone? 

Pregnancy Ticker image image image

Re: Anyone have a VBAC after having 2 previous c/s?

• Options

I haven't had one, but I was wondering the same thing. I was doing a lot of research online while we were TTC. From what I read the risk was slightly increased compared to a VBAC. This was providing there was a min of 2 years between pregnancies, and that you didn't have any problem with healing after the fact. They also base it on the cause of the previous c-section, providing it wasn't due to medical conditions/complications that the mother had or something the would occur again. Once those are determined it is then up to the OB's own opinion and practice.

I also found that most cases where there were complications having a VBA2C, happened when pitocin was used and they used excessive amounts.

I am hoping that in my case I'll be granted a VBA2C. My first c-section was because I was over due and Makayla didn't respond well to the pitocin. My second was because I was unsure of my body and afraid that Makayla's birth would be repeated, so I opted for a c-section. I healed great from both sections. I feel that there would be more complications healing from a 3rd section with children and an infant to tend to vs. what I have found thus far about VBA2C. 

I know I probably didn't give you the answers you were looking for. I hope that someone who has experienced it can add to this. I also hope you are successful and can come back and share your experience. 

imageimage    
    imageimage
  • Options

Obviously you'd have to find a provider that was supportive, but ACOG recommends that after 2 C/S women still be given a trial of labor before resorting to a previous C/S.

If you really want to stick with your current provider I would provide them with the ACOG recommendations and go from there, but honestly I wouldn't want to put my VBAC chances in the hands of someone who wasn't supportive of it and told me I would need to show up at the hospital at 7cm or more.  That's not supportive and not very conducive to being successful.  You definitely need to stack the deck in your favor since you already have other factors going against you.

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just had this discussion with my doctor. She is pro vbac but because both of my births ended the same way with my children getting stuck in the vaginal canal she said for me it needs to be a csection. Of course she said I could try but she is almost 100 certain it would end up in a csection. And after my failed vbac where I ended up having bladder surgery too, I would go the csection route. It makes me sad because I really wanted a vaginal birth but I know where it would end.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

We live 90 minutes from our VBA2C hospital.  That's our deciding factor.  DH is REALLY nervous about the distance.

The hospital that would deliver #3 via c/s is 20 minutes from us.  I'm not comfortable going into labor and then having to drive 90 minutes (without traffic which can get BRUTAL).  

I *could* stay with my parents or my ILs and be about 10-15 minutes from the hospital, but I really don't want to uproot my family from our home for the last few weeks of my pregnancy.

It's all a very personal decision, and I know that your OB can help you and DH sort through most of the factors that would decide #3's birth fate.  Good luck to you!! :) 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes! I just gave birth to my daughter last week after 2 csection, one emergency the other scheduled. It also has been 4 years since my last csection & I was a good canidate, just didnt have any medical support. I actually just posted my birth story.. Good Luck! If you believe you can do, than try!! The hospitals cannot FORCE you to have surgery!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"