TTC After a Loss
Options

~~~April Mommas Check In~~~

I hope you ladies didn't think I forgot about you!  Sorry today's check-in was posted so late, but I had a very busy day today.  Thanks for your patience. 

This is a weekly check-in for ladies who had an EDD in April of any year.

For new ladies: Please feel free to join in this check in. Just post an introduction and tell us a little about yourself and your TTC journey. Please include your EDD's.

*************************************************************************

Big huge (((hugs))) to ufsandra85 as she faced an EDD this week.

Congrats to CupcakeGirl08 on her BFP!!! H&H 9 mos.

April Mommas:
LunaBug924 4/1/13
jblanky 4/1/13
juliekay25 4/1/13
ktbug613 4/2/13
Sunrise6 4/8/12
misternmiss 4/8/12
janissylves 4/8/13
AmyM72 4/8/13
Isuhoneybadger 4/9/12
AmeliaKris 4/11/13
mlcarter007 4/11/13
klp927 4/12/13
ScarlettDahlia 4/13/12
MamaWombat 4/15/13
Edenrivers 4/16/13
Luciddream106 4/16/13
Ottersbite 4/17/13
Ashpink 4/25/12 & 4/29/13
ufsandra85 4/27/12
Eroplane 4/27/12
ocnfish4 4/28/13

Graduates:
misteezagirl 4/4/13
BIM22607 4/8/13
Mash67 4/9/12
Nuttycoconut 4/9/12
raashton 4/11/12
JessicaRobb 4/11/12
atleighdan 4/14/12
Meow7511 4/15/13
Bizzy80 4/25/12
CupcakeGirl08 4/5/13

TTCAL Question: Any new updates to share? Any venting or complaints you want to get off your chest? Share!

Fun Question: It?s probably going to take me until Christmas to actually get in the holiday spirit, so I better start now. First of all, what holiday do you celebrate at your house? What is one of your favorite/most unique/longest-standing, etc. holiday traditions? Feel free to share details, like how it got started, the significance behind it, how long it?s been a tradition, etc. Bonus points for PIPs, if they apply.

Quote for the Week: I wish we could put up some of the [holiday] spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.
~ Harlan Miller
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ~~~April Mommas Check In~~~

• Options

Hi misternmiss. I hope all our April mommas are having a good week!

TCCAL: I feel like I've posted this everywhere this week. CD35, BFN Monday. Waiting to test again, or get AF. Symptoms are all over the place!

Fun Question: We celebrate Christmas (Lutheran), Yule (Pagan) and mix it up with foods from all over! My favorite traditions are: from Dec 1 to the 31st we try to watch "Elf" as many times as possible! Spiked eggnog and "It's A Wonderful Life" on Christmas Eve. Christmas cookies every year. Our town is German in origin, so every year they do a lantern processional before lighting the Christmas tree, this will only be our second year with that tradition.

BFP 8/12/12 m/c 8/19/12 BFP 12/1/12 EDD 8/11/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    TTCAL Question: AF came yesterday. I'm upset that she's here. Ready for her to leave town.

Fun Question: We celebrate Christmas. I wish it could be a year round holiday. I just love the season. The music, the lights, the happiness, the gifts. My family has a big get-together. All of my aunts, uncles, cousins...80 people in all! It's a wonderfully chaotic day.

Quote for the Week: I wish we could put up some of the [holiday] spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month. YES!!!
    BFP #1 8/25/12 EDD 4/28/13 Blighted Ovum, D&C 9/20/12 at 8w6d. I'll always remember the first one. My baby Grace. BFP #2 12/26/12 EDD 9/4/13. DS born 9/7/13. My sweet rainbow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I survived my 5th EDD :)

Went to the RE yesterday and we are doing IUI next cycle, Bad thing is in addition to all the crap wrong with me we now now a low sperm count to deal with. lovely. 

We celebrate christmas, We do a traditional Polish christmas at my grandmas house. i guess this has been a tradition forever and since my family lived in poland 3 generations ago. I went to a Polish museum a couple of weeks ago and they had a write up about a traditional polish christmas and it pretty much explained ours to a T, I LOVE Christmas

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options

Hi misternmiss! Not a whole lot new. Still TTA for one more cycle (feels lke its taking forever!) but I did start charting this month. I feel like I'm bad at it, if there is such a thing. My timing is off because of my crazy work schedule (yay retail during the holidays) so I don't feel like the info is entirely accurate. If anything I'm considering this month my practice round before actively TTCAL.

QOTW: We celebrate Christmas, with a little bit of Hanukkah thrown in for good measure! DH is half Jewish, but his family does not practice. They honor some of the traditions, but thats about it. Meanwhile, I grew up Jehovah's Witness, but still celebrated the holidays with our family memebers who were Catholic. Yea, we're a big jumbled mess of religions between our families. As a result, we don't have any long-standing tradtions. This will be the first year DH and I have a tree, and we're looking forward to creating some traditions of our own.

Hope you're having a good week!

BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Options

AF showed up last week and finished yesterday. I'm crossing my fingers that I don't have spotting for a month like I did last cycle.

QOTW: We celebrate Christmas, but don't really have any traditions yet. I had some growing up, but we'll working on creating our own. This is the first year we're celebrating at home, so I'm excited about decorating.

Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Options

I know I have only posted a few times on this board but all of you ladies have been so nice and encouraging. I just wanted to thank you for that. I felt so lost after my miscarriage and this board really helped me to move forward.

H and I were not TTC this month (not really abstaining either) but I was surprised with my BFP the day after Thanksgiving. I hope to see all of you very soon on the PGAL board and thanks again.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker 9/19/12: Miscarriage at 12wks due to Triploidy, D&C 9/24/12 - I will forever miss you my little angel
  • Options
    Save me a sticky seat Cupcake!

TTC : Well we dtd at all the right times but I just don't feel this is my cycle. CM just didn't seem right for O. I'm on the 2 week wait but I'm pretty confident AF will show. I had pretty distinct early symptoms last time. I got nothing this month.Next fertile window is over Christmas.

We celebrate Christmas ...Catholic. We do holiday poppers with prizes in them...like little firecrackers. We also read the Christmas story and do Advent leading up to Christmas. On the feast day of St. Nick...you set out your shoe...if you wake up and have candy in your shoe...then Santa thinks you've been good..if you have rocks in it then you have work to do on your behavior before Christmas.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Congrats Cupcake Girl! 

TTCAL Question: CD8. Looking forward to trying out opks. 

Fun Question: Christmas! Growing up we always had an advent calendar, advent wreath, St. Nicholas' day shoes, Santa Lucia day buns (Dec. 14), and lots of Christmas cookies. It's hard to get too much into the spirit when you're just two adults in an apartment, but I usually put up some decorations. 

BFP 08/05/12. EDD 4/15/12 m/c 08/27/12
    PGAL/PAL Welcome
  • Options
    Well, the charting seems to be going OK. Fingers crossed that this could be a good month. We celebrate Christmas, although I am usually looking forward to being able to rest the most since work is always insane. Whenever we travel somewhere I collect an ornament for our tree, so I love seeing them all every year.
    About me:AMA 41 BFP 8/1/12 EDD 4/8/12 Found no Heartbeat 9/5/12 D&C 9/12/12

BFP 12/13/12 EDD 8/22/13 Lilah Ruby born 8/8/13

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/zdSMm7.png
  • Options
    Well, CD 71 and still waiting for AF. Made an appt with an ob/gyn next week because I'm going nuts.  I'm so confused. The last couple days I've had some eggwhite CM but opk's are negative.  Just want this stupid cycle to be over so I can ttc.
  • Options
    imageedenrivers:

Hi misternmiss. I hope all our April mommas are having a good week!

TCCAL: I feel like I've posted this everywhere this week. CD35, BFN Monday. Waiting to test again, or get AF. Symptoms are all over the place!

Fun Question: We celebrate Christmas (Lutheran), Yule (Pagan) and mix it up with foods from all over! My favorite traditions are: from Dec 1 to the 31st we try to watch "Elf" as many times as possible! Spiked eggnog and "It's A Wonderful Life" on Christmas Eve. Christmas cookies every year. Our town is German in origin, so every year they do a lantern processional before lighting the Christmas tree, this will only be our second year with that tradition.

FX that either AF shows up soon or you get your BFP, but mostly the latter. Smile  Waiting sucks. 

Your Christmas sounds like a fun combination of old and new traditions! 

• Options

imageocnfish4:
    TTCAL Question: AF came yesterday. I'm upset that she's here. Ready for her to leave town.

Fun Question: We celebrate Christmas. I wish it could be a year round holiday. I just love the season. The music, the lights, the happiness, the gifts. My family has a big get-together. All of my aunts, uncles, cousins...80 people in all! It's a wonderfully chaotic day.

Quote for the Week: I wish we could put up some of the [holiday] spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month. YES!!!

FLUCK!  Sorry about AF's arrival. What a b!tch!  I hope her stay is quick and painless, and that she doesn't return for a long, long while! 

This week's quote seems to be perfect for you!  And your family gathering sounds like it would make for a great movie!  But I love the big family chaos!

• Options
    imageufsandra85:

I survived my 5th EDD :)

Went to the RE yesterday and we are doing IUI next cycle, Bad thing is in addition to all the crap wrong with me we now now a low sperm count to deal with. lovely. 

We celebrate christmas, We do a traditional Polish christmas at my grandmas house. i guess this has been a tradition forever and since my family lived in poland 3 generations ago. I went to a Polish museum a couple of weeks ago and they had a write up about a traditional polish christmas and it pretty much explained ours to a T, I LOVE Christmas

More (((HUGS))) hon.  Sorry to hear about DH's swimmers.  I have my FX for you that your IUI is successful.

I love old family/cultural traditions.  That sounds amazing!

• Options
    imageLunaBug924:

Hi misternmiss! Not a whole lot new. Still TTA for one more cycle (feels lke its taking forever!) but I did start charting this month. I feel like I'm bad at it, if there is such a thing. My timing is off because of my crazy work schedule (yay retail during the holidays) so I don't feel like the info is entirely accurate. If anything I'm considering this month my practice round before actively TTCAL.

QOTW: We celebrate Christmas, with a little bit of Hanukkah thrown in for good measure! DH is half Jewish, but his family does not practice. They honor some of the traditions, but thats about it. Meanwhile, I grew up Jehovah's Witness, but still celebrated the holidays with our family memebers who were Catholic. Yea, we're a big jumbled mess of religions between our families. As a result, we don't have any long-standing tradtions. This will be the first year DH and I have a tree, and we're looking forward to creating some traditions of our own.

Hope you're having a good week!

I hope this last cycle flies by so you can start TTC soon!  And I think it's a great idea that you've started charting now.  It takes a bit to get the hang of it.  I have an alarm set at 5 a.m. all week long, even when I don't need to get up that early.  I just quick temp and then go back to bed.  It has helped me get more consistant temps.  You'll figure it out soon!

That is a crazy combination of faiths!  But I think it's sweet that you & DH will start some of your own traditions together!

• Options
    imageCupcakeGirl08:

I know I have only posted a few times on this board but all of you ladies have been so nice and encouraging. I just wanted to thank you for that. I felt so lost after my miscarriage and this board really helped me to move forward.

H and I were not TTC this month (not really abstaining either) but I was surprised with my BFP the day after Thanksgiving. I hope to see all of you very soon on the PGAL board and thanks again.  

I have debated on whether or not I should reply to this, but decided that, as the leader of this check in, it is my responsibility.  I think this post is highly inappropriate and hurtful.  This check in is suppose to be a safe place for the ladies who participate.  And you've completely defeated the purpose. 

The reason I announce the graduates here is so that those who are in a good place and who know you well enough can head over to PgAL to congratulate you.  Not so that you can come in to our check in (that you hardly ever participated in) to rub your pg in our faces. 

And to add insult to injury, you tell us "you weren't even trying."  Well, that doesn't make us feel any better, because some of us are trying like flucking hell, for a long time, to get our pgs.  So thanks for that slap in the face.

An apology would be greatly appreciated.

• Options
    imageluciddreamer106:

AF showed up last week and finished yesterday. I'm crossing my fingers that I don't have spotting for a month like I did last cycle.

QOTW: We celebrate Christmas, but don't really have any traditions yet. I had some growing up, but we'll working on creating our own. This is the first year we're celebrating at home, so I'm excited about decorating.

FX for no more spotting & that AF won't be back for a long, long time!  Enjoy your first Christmas in your home & have fun starting your very own traditions!

• Options

imageAmeliaKris:
    Save me a sticky seat Cupcake! TTC : Well we dtd at all the right times but I just don't feel this is my cycle. CM just didn't seem right for O. I'm on the 2 week wait but I'm pretty confident AF will show. I had pretty distinct early symptoms last time. I got nothing this month.Next fertile window is over Christmas. We celebrate Christmas ...Catholic. We do holiday poppers with prizes in them...like little firecrackers. We also read the Christmas story and do Advent leading up to Christmas. On the feast day of St. Nick...you set out your shoe...if you wake up and have candy in your shoe...then Santa thinks you've been good..if you have rocks in it then you have work to do on your behavior before Christmas.

I'm sorry you're not feeling confident this cycle.  FX for you anyway! 

I am Catholic as well, and have heard of all of these traditions.  I think it is so fun that your family still participates.  It's like a historic, old-school vibe. Fun!

• Options
    imageMamaWomat:

Congrats Cupcake Girl! 

Fun Question: Christmas! Growing up we always had an advent calendar, advent wreath, St. Nicholas' day shoes, Santa Lucia day buns (Dec. 14), and lots of Christmas cookies. It's hard to get too much into the spirit when you're just two adults in an apartment, but I usually put up some decorations. 

Happy humping through your FW!  And good luck with the OPKs.  Those things drive me batty!  I hope you're using wondfos, because the store bought ones are pricey!

• Options

imageAmyM72:
    Well, the charting seems to be going OK. Fingers crossed that this could be a good month. We celebrate Christmas, although I am usually looking forward to being able to rest the most since work is always insane. Whenever we travel somewhere I collect an ornament for our tree, so I love seeing them all every year.

Your chart looks good so far!  Quite a big temp drop today, so maybe you even O'd today!

Rest=good!  What do you do for a living?  And I love that your ornaments have a story.  My mom buys me & my sibs an ornament every year, so our tree is pretty meaningful too.  DH didn't have any ornaments to contribute to our tree, and I felt bad that our tree was FULL of all of my ornaments.  So I started buying him an ornament every year, too. 

• Options

imagejuliekay25:
    Well, CD 71 and still waiting for AF. Made an appt with an ob/gyn next week because I'm going nuts.  I'm so confused. The last couple days I've had some eggwhite CM but opk's are negative.  Just want this stupid cycle to be over so I can ttc.

Yuck!  I'm so sorry that the one time you want AF to show up, that b!tch is no where to be found. FX that your OB can give you some answers or help to get AF started.  But you are definitely not alone in your long wait for her after a loss.  I remember many ladies on TTCAL who had to wait a long time or even have a medically induced AF.  Don't be afraid to reach out to those women for support.  Many of them are super nice and supportive.  But that still sucks.  ((((Hugs))) & FX for some activity soon.

• Options
    imagemisternmiss:
    imageluciddreamer106:

FX for no more spotting &amp; that AF won't be back for a long, long time!&nbsp; Enjoy your first Christmas in your home &amp; have fun starting your very own traditions!

Thanks! I hope it doesn't come back anytime soon!
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Options

My due date should be 4/26/2013. I would like to join here.

Right now we are TTA for 2 weeks, take a HPT, and then start Provera to get AF to come. I know it will be a BFN, so already went and got my prescription. Though, I hope so much that my body gives me a period without drugs. I have a period rarely on my own though, so that sucks.

Thinking about making a doctor appointment to find out why I am having these cramps since the D&C. I was checked to make sure everything was gone 2 days after D&C, but I think maybe it was too messy in there to tell. My D&C was October 17th. Also losing my job, and insurance that comes with it on December 31st. 

This the suckiest holiday season ever. 

• Options
    imageJiffyJiffy:

Right now we are TTA for 2 weeks, take a HPT, and then start Provera to get AF to come. I know it will be a BFN, so already went and got my prescription. Though, I hope so much that my body gives me a period without drugs. I have a period rarely on my own though, so that sucks.

Thinking about making a doctor appointment to find out why I am having these cramps since the D&C. I was checked to make sure everything was gone 2 days after D&C, but I think maybe it was too messy in there to tell. My D&C was October 17th. Also losing my job, and insurance that comes with it on December 31st. 

Oh, hon, I'm so sorry!  First, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Secondly, I'm sorry for the troubles your body is giving you post loss.  I would definitely see a doctor if you're still experiencing cramps after the D&C.  Not to scare you, but there are times when tissue can remain in your uterus that may have been "missed" in the D&C.  Have you have your betas tracked down to 0?  Have you taken an HPT since the D&C?  If you have hormones still in your system, this could be a sign of remaining tissue.  FX that you get some answers soon.

Lastly, I'm so sorry about your job & losing insurance.  Can you get on YH's insurance?  I'm so sorry nothing seems to be going well for you.  I'm sending lots of (((hugs))) and T&Ps your way.  And welcome to our little group.

• Options
    imagemisternmiss:
    imageMamaWomat:

Congrats Cupcake Girl! 

Happy humping through your FW!  And good luck with the OPKs.  Those things drive me batty!  I hope you're using wondfos, because the store bought ones are pricey!

Yep! Wondfo all the way! I'm even trying out Ravenclaw's pee-in-the-package trick to avoid extra trash. It's not as hard as you might think (too early for "real" testing since I don't think I've ever o'd before day 16, but I wanted to see what a negative result looked like for comparison). I chart, too, but especially after my last crazy cycle, I've lost all confidence in my ability to id cm, so I'm hoping opks will make me less batty.  

PGAL/PAL Welcome
  • Options
    imagemisternmiss:

imagejuliekay25:

Yuck!  I'm so sorry that the one time you want AF to show up, that b!tch is no where to be found. FX that your OB can give you some answers or help to get AF started.  But you are definitely not alone in your long wait for her after a loss.  I remember many ladies on TTCAL who had to wait a long time or even have a medically induced AF.  Don't be afraid to reach out to those women for support.  Many of them are super nice and supportive.  But that still sucks.  ((((Hugs))) & FX for some activity soon.

It's probably not much comfort, but on the "not-alone" front, it took 70+ days for AF to return after my m/c. I was going to call the dr. on day 70 when spotting started, but it was really light and just 2 1/2 days. I thought/hoped at the time it was AF and temps kinda suggested O on day 7.  That's so unlikely, though, that it's more probable the spotting was mid-cycle...meaning my first post-m/c cycle topped out at 87 days before a "real", heavy AF arrived. Hope AF comes through for you soon, but I think a lot of people have had success with provera, too. 

PGAL/PAL Welcome
  • Options
    imagemisternmiss:
    imageJiffyJiffy:

Oh, hon, I'm so sorry!  First, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Secondly, I'm sorry for the troubles your body is giving you post loss.  I would definitely see a doctor if you're still experiencing cramps after the D&C.  Not to scare you, but there are times when tissue can remain in your uterus that may have been "missed" in the D&C.  Have you have your betas tracked down to 0?  Have you taken an HPT since the D&C?  If you have hormones still in your system, this could be a sign of remaining tissue.  FX that you get some answers soon.

Lastly, I'm so sorry about your job & losing insurance.  Can you get on YH's insurance?  I'm so sorry nothing seems to be going well for you.  I'm sending lots of (((hugs))) and T&Ps your way.  And welcome to our little group.

Yes Maam, I am at 0. I was at 0 2 weeks after the D&C. They went back in and said they got everything, but I am still worried. I do think I will make an appt. tomorrow just to be certain, before insurance runs out. Unfortunately, I cannot get on my H's insurance, so I am looking for the cheapest I can get! Thank you very much for welcoming me here! I have found much comfort knowing there is a group of lovely women who understand me, and I can come when I need comfort, and can also help in comforting others. 

My body is a bish from hell. :( 

Edit: Since I am at 0, (and have been) does that mean I shouldn't worry about remains being left, or would you go back to make sure anyway? Also, there has been a few times I wiped in the past week and saw a TEENY TINY bit of pink, and was hoping it was my period, and the cramping was from that. Still, no AF, and no pink today. Would you make the appointment?  

• Options
    imageJiffyJiffy:
    imagemisternmiss:
    imageJiffyJiffy:

Yes Maam, I am at 0. I was at 0 2 weeks after the D&C. They went back in and said they got everything, but I am still worried. I do think I will make an appt. tomorrow just to be certain, before insurance runs out. Unfortunately, I cannot get on my H's insurance, so I am looking for the cheapest I can get! Thank you very much for welcoming me here! I have found much comfort knowing there is a group of lovely women who understand me, and I can come when I need comfort, and can also help in comforting others. 

My body is a bish from hell. :( 

Edit: Since I am at 0, (and have been) does that mean I shouldn't worry about remains being left, or would you go back to make sure anyway? Also, there has been a few times I wiped in the past week and saw a TEENY TINY bit of pink, and was hoping it was my period, and the cramping was from that. Still, no AF, and no pink today. Would you make the appointment?  

I would make the appointment.  FX you get some answers soon.  And (((hugs))) until then!

• Options
    I'm sorry if my comment was insensitive to anyone I never intended it to be.  I just wanted to thank everyone for being nice and supportive after my miscarriage, and maybe should not have shared my excitement with you.  I truly hope that all of you get your BFP soon and go on to have happy and healthy pregnancies. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker 9/19/12: Miscarriage at 12wks due to Triploidy, D&C 9/24/12 - I will forever miss you my little angel
  • Options

Hi April ladies, sorry I'm so late!! I missed it somehow :(

TTCAL Question: Any new updates to share? Any venting or complaints you want to get off your chest? Share!

After my first cycle officially TTCALing and temping, I'm concerned by the dip in my temps. I do have an appointment to get some bloodwork done, so hopefully it's nothing.

Fun Question: It?s probably going to take me until Christmas to actually get in the holiday spirit, so I better start now. First of all, what holiday do you celebrate at your house? What is one of your favorite/most unique/longest-standing, etc. holiday traditions? Feel free to share details, like how it got started, the significance behind it, how long it?s been a tradition, etc. Bonus points for PIPs, if they apply. 

We celebrate Christmas and my family always did the "pickle on the tree" thing. 

The Christmas Pickle is a tradition in which the family decorates a Christmas tree, placing a glass pickle ornament on the tree. On Christmas morning, the first child to find the pickle on the tree would get a special gift and would supposedly have a year of good fortune. This tradition is said to come from Germany...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"