Late Term and Child Loss

The Power of a Song

Sometimes I'm so used to holding all the tears in that sometimes when I want or need them to flow, they can't. Those are the times I listen to the CD that we made to be played during Lillian's service. I have since gathered other songs on my playlist and I ran across two yesterday that I wanted to share:

1. Rascal Flat's - Let It Hurt - This is from their new album and I feel like it's the Loss Mommy/Daddy Anthem.

2. Matt Hammitt - All Of Me - This is from his album Every Falling Tear. He is a Christian singer, and while I am not a religious person at all, I find this entire album speaks to me and is peaceful. Those of you who listen to Christian music, he is the lead singer of Sanctus Real. I googled him and he wrote it when his infant son was fighting for his life from an congential heart defect. Anyways, this made me think of when I was holding Lillian for those 17 hours I got with her, skin to skin and just wanting to be present with her. This made me think of all the PGAL mom's and all of us considering the possibility of getting PG again. I encourage you to look up why he wrote this song. He realized he was holding back the love he had out of the fear of losing him. Right now, the thought of being pregnant again has me gripped with fear....https://www.klove.com/music/artists/matt-hammitt/

I hope you all enjoy...and do you have any others to share? Ones of comfort, peace, anger or ones that help let it flow?

Re: The Power of a Song

• I love a song from Westlife called I'll See You Again. It has special meaning to me because I believe my son sent it to me to hear due to the circumstances around when I first heard it. It's very comforting to me.

If you need a song to make you cry, I have the best one! It's called Smallest Wingless by Craig Cardiff. It is the song that my NiLMDTS photographer used for Bradley's slide show. Tears will instantly flow, I guarantee it!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • My go to, blubbering mess cry song is "Gone Too Soon" by Daughtry.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

***Congratulations to my TTCAL buddy Roxyttandme!! It's a GIRL!! Charlotte arrived on 9/29!!!!***
    PGaL/PAL Always Welcome!!
  • Loading the player...
  • My song is "Baby Mine". The version that Alison Krauss sings is a song that a lot of loss families have played at the funeral home we used for Devon's services/cremation. I couldn't do it though; from the second the opening chords started playing, I was bawling my eyes out. I will never be able to make it through that song without crying.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love "Who would you Be" by Kenny Chesney. I think that's the name!. It makes me cry, but it also makes me smile.
    TTC #1 since 4/09
    2/21/11: IVF #1 Begins and results in TWINS!
    11/4/11: The twins are born at 36w4d!
    11/5/11: We said goodbye to our sweet baby girl as she was born with multiple complications and a severe heart defect, Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Natalie Grant's, "Better Hands Now."  Our pastor chose the song for Killian's funeral and every time I hear it, I can imagine Killian sending us that message.  As painful as it is, that song has a way of letting us know where our angel is today.  In that, I find peace.
  • Another really touching song is Audrey Assad's Show Me.
  • Mine right now is Rascal Flatts "Come Wake Me Up"

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Small bump by Ed Sheeran has recently gotten to me. The first time I heard it I thought it was about pregnancy, but it's actually about all the expectations parents have for their unborn children. At the end he says 'You're just a small bump unborn just for four months then torn from life. Maybe you were needed up there but we're still unaware of why'. It's beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time.

• imagemutantninja0813:
    Small bump by Ed Sheeran has recently gotten to me. The first time I heard it I thought it was about pregnancy, but it's actually about all the expectations parents have for their unborn children. At the end he says 'You're just a small bump unborn just for four months then torn from life. Maybe you were needed up there but we're still unaware of why'. It's beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time.

Wow, our photographer that took family pictures of us after Lillian passed made a slideshow and Ed Sheeran's song, Autumn Leaves was on it. I've never thought to look him up, but now I will!

imagejbranden12:
    Mine right now is Rascal Flatts "Come Wake Me Up"

That is on the same CD as Let It Hurt, but I haven't listened to it yet, but now I will be sure too!

Thanks everyone for contributing to this song list. I wish I had known about some of these when we made Lillian's memorial arangement.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"