Pregnant after IF
Options

Hello! And... they want to take me off PIO at 4 weeks!?

Hi Ladies!

Excited to be back here again. Just did an IVF cycle and got my beta back today. I will be 4 weeks tomorrow. My HCG is 87 and my progesterone is 277.

They told me to STOP the PIO shots?!??! I have never heard of such a thing. Dr. Google isn't even coming up with anything. I feel really freaked out about this. 

When I was pregnant with my daughter a different doc wanted to take me off at 6 weeks and I insisted on going until 8, then I did suppositories until 10 weeks. I had spotting while on those-- was probably an irritated cervix but still scary. I trust this new doctor a lot more.... I agreed to stop but that they have to check my p4 again on Friday with the 2nd beta.

Thoughts? What would you do? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hello! And... they want to take me off PIO at 4 weeks!?

• Options
    With my fresh cycle my progesterone was also around 300 and they took me off PIO after my betas and them off of my supps after my first u/s at 6 weeks 5 days. I made them check it again at 8 weeks and it had dropped to around 100 but they said that was still more than enough. I had spotting/bleeding but that was from a SCH not progesterone issues.

And congrats!!! I remember you from back in the day 3T.
    TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options

imagemdluv21:
    With my fresh cycle my progesterone was also around 300 and they took me off PIO after my betas and them off of my supps after my first u/s at 6 weeks 5 days. I made them check it again at 8 weeks and it had dropped to around 100 but they said that was still more than enough. I had spotting/bleeding but that was from a SCH not progesterone issues.

Ok, thanks that makes me feel better and Hi! :):) SO happy you are here! And thank you so much!

Edited.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations!!  No advice, but 277 seems plenty high!

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options

imageL&R70707:
    Congratulations!!  No advice, but 277 seems plenty high!

Thank you! Your son is adorable!! :)

• Options
    With progesterone that high it's completely normal!  Good luck :)
    -adorUHbuL

• Options
    I think it's normal with your progesterone being that high, however I would make them check a couple times just for peace of mind. Congrats!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! :)
  • Options
    That's a CRAZY high progesterone level. Mine was at 150 and they took me off all progesterone by 5 weeks. No worries! I had corpus luteum cysts on my ovaries that caused the high progesterone, maybe you are dealing with something similar?
    dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

• Options
    My p4 was over 100 at first beta (4w) and my RE took me off PIO that day.  I had my 2nd beta 4 days later and since p4 was still in the 90s, she took me off supps (and therefore of progesterone completely) at 4w4d.  I was really worried because everyone else seems to stay on it much longer, but I am 6w today and all seems to be fine.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    I remember you from 3T!!! Congratulations! I think it is a good thing that your p4 is so high! Thats great! I agree with having them continue to check it with each beta. I never got a total number, I was just told mine was greater then 40 every time. I was weaned off PIO around 8w and they continued to monitor my bloodwork after two days of no PIO to make sure the number didn't tank. Maybe you can ask to have yours checked once a week to ensure your numbers are stil nice and high, and if something drops then you can get a supp? Im sure everything will be just fine! GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks so much, ladies!

Thanks Jezebell! :)

• Options
    Congrats on getting out of PIO early.   My progesterone was 23 after my beta so you seem to be doing great
    Confirmed Pregnancy 9/18/2010 M/C 10/27/2010 BLIGHTED OVUM 10/2011 - HSG 2 blocked tubes 11/4/2011 - Lap Surgery - Extensive tubal disease (tubes opened) 1/3/12 - Repeat HSG (L tube open, R tube blocked) 1/15/12 - R tube removed Started Stim Injections 2/17/12 Follistim 300iu and Low Dose HCG 10 units Trigger - 2/25/12 ER 2/27/12 ET - 5 dt - 3/3/12 1 blast transferred 9 frosties BETA #1 - 626 :) Beta #2 - 2470 :) Beta #3 - 5470 3/29/12 - 6wks 3 days - no yolk sac, embie, or hb :( Blighted Ovum 8/3/12 - FET #1 1 flickering blast transferred 8/9/12 - POAS + 8/15/12 - Beta #1 1400 Beta #2 3200 8/20/12 - U/S 5 wks 1 day Yolk Sac seen 8/28/12 - 6wks 2 days - Heartbeat 116 9/4/12 - 7wks 3 days - HB 136 YAY! TEAM BLUE! Alex was born 4/15/13 5:09pm 6lb 10oz 20in!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was just lurking around and holy crap!!  MrsJ!!  Congrats - I'm so stinkin happy for you!!
  • Options

imagegymnst1013:
    I was just lurking around and holy crap!!  MrsJ!!  Congrats - I'm so stinkin happy for you!!

Thanks so much! I haven't talked to you in ages! DS is super cute! I miss you!

• Options
    imageMrs.Johns:

imagegymnst1013:

Thanks so much! I haven't talked to you in ages! DS is super cute! I miss you!

I miss you too!!  And thanks :)  And also, I could use some C pictures!

• Options
    imagegymnst1013:

I miss you too!!  And thanks :)  And also, I could use some C pictures!

I'll include you on the next email of Shutterfly pics... I am so behind! I try not to put too much on FB. :)

• Options
    imagePappsMcgee:

imagegymnst1013:

I was too Gym! Congrats MrsJ! I don't know if you remember me, but I remember you from 3T :) 

Thank you so much! Of COURSE I remember you! :):)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"