December 2012 Moms
Options

40 week apt tomorrow: rant

I have my 40 week appointment tomorrow...and I'm nervous.  I haven't had any strong contractions, nothing to let me think that I'm any more dilated or effaced.  I am not anticipating them telling me I am any further along (I was 2.5cm and 70-80% last week). So I guess that I'm just nervous about what this is going to bring. I'm not wanting an induction, but I am so friggin scared that if I don't do something soon, I won't be able to get this kid out vaginally.  I know that inductions increase chances of c-sections anyway, but I'm really wanting baby to come on his own and pray to God every night I can get him out easily without surgery.  I am so scared about what tomorrow might bring. I can't wait to meet him at the same time though. ugh. just a rant to get this all out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 40 week apt tomorrow: rant

• Options
    Why won't you be able to have the baby vaginally? If you don't want an induction, you don't have to have one right now, so talk to your doctor about your options. It'll be okay, whether you're induced or you wait it out.
    Sweet Baby Samson born 11.16.10
    Darling Little Sydney born 12.22.12
    Two Babies in Heaven
    My Babe, More Precious is to Me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~A ridiculous amount of love to all my Golden Girls!~
  • Options

imagemrsz2008:
    Why won't you be able to have the baby vaginally? If you don't want an induction, you don't have to have one right now, so talk to your doctor about your options. It'll be okay, whether you're induced or you wait it out.

Because he has NO ROOM in there as it is.  Honestly, his head is so far down into my pelvis and when I sit normally his butt is over top of my ribs and his feet are all the way to the right almost to my back.  I can barily breathe any way besides standing up or laying on my side.  It's so uncomfortable!! I'm worried about him being too big to fit through my pelvis. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagenk1220:

imagemrsz2008:

Because he has NO ROOM in there as it is.  Honestly, his head is so far down into my pelvis and when I sit normally his butt is over top of my ribs and his feet are all the way to the right almost to my back.  I can barily breathe any way besides standing up or laying on my side.  It's so uncomfortable!! I'm worried about him being too big to fit through my pelvis. 

That's perfectly normal for 40 weeks, don't worry, I know plenty of women that have given birth vaginally to 9 lb babies. My cousin is only 5' 1" and about 110 lbs pre pregnancy, she had her almost 10lb daughter naturally.

It might seem like there's no way in heIl a big baby will fit, but odds are, it will. Try not to stress!
    Sweet Baby Samson born 11.16.10
    Darling Little Sydney born 12.22.12
    Two Babies in Heaven
    My Babe, More Precious is to Me
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~A ridiculous amount of love to all my Golden Girls!~
  • Options
    Hang in there!  It is tough and frustrating going past your due date but it is not uncommon, especially for FTM.  Just because you are overdue, it does not mean you will have a huge baby.  I was over 40 weeks with DS#2 and he was only 7 lbs,. 2 oz.  Also, you will be amazed at what the human body is capable of in terms of delivering a baby vaginally.  I have several smaller sized friends who have delivered 9 lb. babies naturally.  Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I can't imagine being at that 40-week appt frustrated and trying to decipher how to deal with it. However, I have read all over the place that just b/c you're not more dilated or effaced doesn't mean you won't go into labor at any minute/hour/day betwen now and an induction.

If you trust your doctor, which hopefully you do, then perhaps you should go with their recommendation but if you're not comfortable, voice all of these concerns. FWIW, I'm carrying (an estimated) 14lbs of baby right now and know for a fact that they're in every crack and crevice they can fit in so I do feel your pain...but I also believe it's doable. Good luck today!

• Options
    Don't stress mama! You have already started dilating, that's important in an induction. If they induce you, it will work! If you haven't progressed at all and have an induction, that's like a 50/50 chance of a c. You're already full term, I don't understand why people are so anti-induction. You will have a healthy chunky little man soon! Hopefully, by his own will, but either way, you will be happy.
  • Options
    That's more progress than I had at 40 weeks with my first! And I delivered him vaginally at 41wks, 9 lbs. 2nd degree tear but otherwise no complications. It definitely can be done! And the PPs are right, just because you ho past term doesn't mean you baby will be huge. Dr estimates are often wrong. You can do it! Good luck.
    Jude Wayne - Born 4/23/10 Violet Patricia - Born 12/5/12 Breastfeeding, baby-wearing work-at-home mom of 2 living in Rockville, MD
  • Options

I am right there with you.  I just had my appt. (39 wks + 5).  I am just barely dilated and only 65% effaced.  SO frustrating, but I keep trying to tell myself those numbers mean nothing.

The doctor put an induction on the calendar for me, but at least she waited until 12/17 to do it. I was afraid she would be ready to induce as soon as I hit the 41 week mark.

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage

• Options
    Honestly my doctor is concerned that if I go past my EDD I won't be able to deliver vaginally due to my small bone structure/frame and size of baby. I also want to avoid an induction but more strongly want to avoid a c-section. I had my appendix removed at 24 weeks where the incision was an open incision (not with a laproscope s/p?) about 3 inches and the recovery was aweful. The nurses and dr had told me (at that time) the recovery time and pain increases with the size of the incision so I would be in more pain due to the open incision. With that said I'm terrified at what the recovery of a c-section would be like. GL at your appointment tomorrow and be sure to update us. If it helps at all my OB assured me that inductions are much more successful once you are 2 cm and 80% effaced.
  • Options
    imagenk1220:

imagemrsz2008:

My baby is in the same position and it made me question whether she had even dropped yet. According to the OB she has dropped she's just a very long baby. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"