Postpartum Depression

Question...

I haven't posted on here before, but I have a question. My LO is 3 months old and recently, the past few weeks, I have become very emotional. I cry all the time, a lot of times for no apparent reason, I get frustrated with LO and end up putting him in his crib and going off into my room crying. Now the question, could this be ppd since my LO is 3 months old? If so is this something I would speak to my OB about or do I find a psychiatrist? I'm really at a loss as to what to do and it's starting to interfere with my marriage.
 Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question...

• This does sound familiar and could be PPD.  You can be diagnosed with PPD up until a year after childbirth and maybe even after that if you are nursing still.  So you do fall into the corrent timeline.  Start with your OB and call them ASAP before things get worse (speaking from my own experience...mine got out of control b/c I chose to ignore it or didn't recognize it like you are).  I would also find a psychiatrist as well, after speaking to your OB.  If you need meds?  They are the experts when it comes to mental disorders and meds in that area.  It is a good thing that you are recognizing this stuff now...so I suggest you def. call someone now.  I was hit like a mack truck at 7 months PP and it was God AWFUL! 

Good luck!   

PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Start with your OB.  Mine prescribed my meds for me and still does (I'm two years PP).  Starting meds was the best thing I ever did!  Good luck- hang in there!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • talk to your OB they can refer you to a therapist. If you need meds the therapist can set you up with a psycharist. check out this website for helpful information https://postpartumstress.com/ but please ask for help. Remember no one knows how you are feeling unless you tell them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"