June 2012 Moms
Options

No Cry Sleep Solution vs. Sleep Easy Solution

I am not comfortable with the CIO method, but it seems that the majority of people I speak to aren't successful using the No Cry Sleep Solution. Has anyone used a combination of the two or can suggest a different training book that they've had success with? And if you've used No Cry and weren't successful, why do you think that is?

Re: No Cry Sleep Solution vs. Sleep Easy Solution

• Options
    good question! wondering the same thing myself and I want to try one soon but nervous about sleep easy.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Just sharing my experience... 

No Cry worked great when LO was younger, like 2-3 months. After her 4 month sleep regression, we tried it again and it involved a whole lot of tears. Hours of tears. It felt like we were torturing her because her eyes would pop open the minute she hit the crib and she would cry. So we would pick her up, rock her asleep or drowsy and try again... She would only pass out when she was utterly exhausted, hours after trying to do it 'no cry'.

Finally, I put her in the crib when I needed to step away for a bit to calm myself as we were both crying, and she fell asleep on her own in about 5-10 minutes and has been going down on her own since without a peep. Same for naps.

I still sort of consider myself anti-CIO in that I couldn't let my LO cry for hours hysterically, but for us, doing it 'extinction' style was much less painful for everyone involved. If you find that your LO gets overstimulated by many checks and rocking until drowsy, etc., you may want to consider it.

I haven't tried Sleep Easy, but there are some older posts in the 3-6 month board you may want to search. Some moms there had success with it.

Good luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We started Sleep Easy on Friday.  We're not following it exactly, though.  I must say, it's been difficult on me so far and I am getting ready to throw in the towel.  There have been 2 instances so far (including last night) when DD cried for an hour.  While I'm not necessarily opposed to some amount of CIO, it breaks my heart to hear her cry for that long and not be able to physically comfort her (since touching is not allowed).  That said, we have seen some improvement in her sleeping habits.  DD used to wake up every 1.5 to 2 hours and would not go back to sleep unless fed.  Since we started Sleep Easy, she's dropped a couple of feedings and will sometimes put herself back to sleep after a couple of minutes of fussing.  If we dream feed her a couple of times during the night, she will sleep through the night with no crying (from 9 pm to 8 am).

I want to stick with it because I've heard great success stories, and DD was waking up so much that DH and I were crazy sleep deprived, but it's definitely not for the faint of heart, and I just don't know that I have it in me to see it through.  I might just continue a modified version where we do dream feeds twice.  That would still be an improvement over waking 5 or 6x a night.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can only speak to Sleep Easy since that's the method we tried.  It's definitely not for the faint of heart.  DS cried for 1.5 hours the first night.  I was an emotional wreck.  He did cried much less after the first night, and by night 4, would go down without crying.  But we weren't successful in weaning him off from MOTN feedings - he would wake up, cry for 5 minutes, fall asleep for 10 minutes, and then wake up again.  That cycle would repeat itself for over an hour before he finally sleeps.  After 3 nights of that, I've given up on weaning him off.  I figure getting up for 2 dream-feeds a night isn't so bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"