Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Bigger Busted Gals -- need bra recommendations

Hi Ladies!

So before getting KU, I was a 36D.  About two weeks ago, I had to go up to a 38E and I'm even starting to bust out of that cup size a little bit.  I was told that I should invest in a sleeper bra to prevent sagging.  I'm a novice to all of this, so I was wondering if you could recommend your favorite sleeper bra, why you like it, where I can find it, and about how much it costs? 

Ugh, I can't imagine wearing a bra 24/7!  But if it has to happen, I guess it has to happen.  Thank you, ladies!

TTC since Aug 2011. BFP #1 on 10/28/2011 EDD of 07/02/2012 Natural MC on 11/22/2012  BFP #2 on 10/28/2012  EDD of 7/13/13  Judah Ari born on 7/11/13.

I love my rainbow baby!

Re: Bigger Busted Gals -- need bra recommendations

• Options
    I'm a 34DDD now and can tell these are starting to get a bit small.  I like to go to Dillard's and get fitted.  They measure you and find bras that work for you etc.  It's seriously the way to go. 

I also wear a nursing sleep bra at night....I've done this since I had DS and nrused and now I'm just in the habit. 
    I LOVE the bravado bras for sleep.  It's non underwire and SUPER comfy.  Plus then it doubles for being able to use it to nurse later.  I have a medium ( I think) and I've worn it when I was a 36H (after delivery) adn when I was a 32DD and it still fits great no matter what. 

I honestly think its better to wear a bra all the time.....but that's just me
    imageimage

image image image 

My Beautiful Boys! 

imageimageimage

PgAL/PAL welcome, always!
  • Options
    For non-maternity bras, I definitely would go to the biggest Dillards in your area and get fitted, and my favorite brand in Freya. You can get them from Wacoal.com & Bare Necessities (also a website). Hope that helps!!! I'm a 36G (USA size, 36F in UK sizes, which Freya is) so I TOTALLY get you on the big boob issues Wink
    "For I know the plans I have for you,
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh wah! You both recommended Dillards and there are NONE in my area! But I'll check out the online store for the brands you two recommended.

TTC since Aug 2011. BFP #1 on 10/28/2011 EDD of 07/02/2012 Natural MC on 11/22/2012  BFP #2 on 10/28/2012  EDD of 7/13/13  Judah Ari born on 7/11/13.

I love my rainbow baby!

• Options

My current face daytime underwire bra is Chantelle. It's got a bit of lining which I like. 

The bravado one I like I think is bliss

Good luck! 

imageimage

image image image 

My Beautiful Boys! 

imageimageimage

PgAL/PAL welcome, always!
  • Options
    I second BareNecessities, mainly because I'm a weird size that's hard to find in stores (32DDD).  I love the brand Panache, and you can get a good deal.  But I never sleep in bras!  Is sagging really something I should worry about when I'm sleeping??
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am a 38D pre-preg and only started to grow in the third tri.

I also get fitted every single time I do to buy. If you try a nicer department store they will actually be able to tell you which brands fit better for your figure. Not all 38Ds are created equally, Dillards is a good one.

For the sleeping bra, I can't sleep in a bra but I do sleep in the bra shell tank tops (Old Navy usually b/c they are cheap). They are nearly as supportive as a regular bra but help at night without being dreadfully uncomfortable!

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

With my last pregnancy, I was a 36-38DD to start, and by 26w was measuring a 40H US.. it was RIDICULOUS!  I ended up wearing nursing sports bras because it was the only thing I could find big enough in the cup size, but the band was huge!  Now, I started at a 38DDD.. slightly terrified to see how big these bad boys get!!!

PP's thanks for the Dillards rec!

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Options

Fredericks of Hollywood goes up to a DDD/E.

I personally order mine online from a store based out of london. Bravissimo. Im a 36H though Indifferent. They are AMAZING and they also selll sexy nighties, supportive sleepwear and swimsuits.

**Edit** didn't read through responses before posting, the brands mentioned by other posters, (freya, panche are awesome they are some of the brands offered by the bravissimo store I mentioned.) Basically Bravissimo did all the research and offers the best most supposrtive brands for large ladies (D-KKcup) all in one place!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"