March 2013 Moms
Options

Pack N' Plays

So I am 99% done with my baby registry! There is one item I keep going back and forth over and I need to make a final choice ASAP as my shower invites go out soon! A Pack n' Play. I will be using it in our bedroom or possibly in the living room. I will be using a Rock n' Play Sleeper next to the bed...I am breastfeeding (or at lease will be trying my best to) and don't really need a bassinet with the p n' p but it wouldn't hurt to have it. I do really want the changing table with the p n' p, a good sturdy one. I've been looking at the Chicco ones and some of the Graco but the Chicco ones are expensive but look really sturdy. Any suggestions ladies?? 

Thank you!   

Re: Pack N' Plays

• Options

I used the bassinet feature on ours and never once used the changer feature.  We have this one and we love it.  You could always just remove the bassinet and use the changer.  Our specific one is retired but they have several new patterns.  It has a lot of cool features- music, vibration, nightlight, super silky soft.  It's a Baby Trend Nursery Center.

Click to view large image

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had a Graco and used the newborn napper, then the bassinet, but only used the changing table for the 1st couple weeks.  It only attaches on one side and began to slant causing the baby to slide/roll.  The PNPs out then with sturdier changing tables either didn't have a napper or the changing table obstructed the bassinet more then I liked.  It didn't really matter because it was an awkward height for me and caused me to bend over to much which was uncomfortable.

Side note, I never used the rock n play because the napper was basically the same thing. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would suggest going to a store and playing with them.  You can't really tell if something is sturdy by just looking at it.

Fwiw, we had a Graco one that suited us just fine. 

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I have the Chicco one with the changer station and I did use it a lot but it hurt my back.  I am 5'7'' and I had to lean over all the time to change diapers and it was not my favorite thing.  If I had it to do over again I would have checked it out in store and probably figured that out ahead of time and just gone with a more basic PNP.  I did like the fact that you could raise the mattress though for when baby is young.  That was important to me.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options

We registered for this one from Graco:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12319179

It has a changer/napper feature, bassinet, and normal settings.  Plus it was extremely easy to fold up and pack.  The Chicco one we originally looked at was impossible to fold (even the employee at BRU didn't know how to do it...even after working with us for about 10 minutes) It's also a bit cheaper than the chicco ones and while I may/maynot use the napper/changer I like that I have the option.  It's also very nice and gender neutral so it will work in the future if we have a girl

(FYI I'm a FTM but had my MIL who is a daycare provider for over 30 years help us out and she definitely recommended the grace)

BFP - 9/18/11 ----- m/c 9/23/11
    BFP - 7/16/12 ----- EDD 3/27/13  ----- Born 4/5/13
    BFP - 5/27/14 ----- EDD 1/31/14 or 2/4/15

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have a Chicco at home and a Graco at my in-laws? and they both work great. So whichever you like better will be fine. We use the MamaDoo Kids mattress topper for extra comfort and support and our son sleeps like a champion (it has the perfect firmness and folds in 3). Good luck!
  • Options
    We have the Chicco one, i did not like the changing station so we took it off pretty much right away.  The basinette feature is pointless.  All you need is a very basic one.  Also keep in mind, a lot of pedis dont recommend letting your LO sleep in the RNP for longer than a month or two due to flat head issues.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"