Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Breastfeeding moms

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Breastfeeding moms

• Options
    I was lucky got mine back at 15.5 months.  DH and I were TTC so I cut back to two nursing sessions a day and that finally pushed me over the edge.
  • Options
    DS is 17 months, we've been down to 2 nursing sessions a day since 12 months, and still no period. I had to go to the dr. last month and it was funny to write down my last menstrual period as Sept 2010. 
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I voted not back yet, but the actual answer is Wednesday night, haha. So 13 mo for me. I was wondering when it would come back. We're still BFing, but just 3 15 min sessions a day.

I was surprised how emotional I was when it happened. Not just because it's such a PITA, but it was like my body was realizing that my LO wasn't so little anymore. Plus, I've heard of ppl's supply taking a hit once AF returned. But, on the plus side, that opens up the discussion of TTC no. 2...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    When my LO started STTN. I believe there is some relationship when you go for longer hours in between feedings to when AF will return.
  • Options
    Nope - no AF since March 2008 (I caught the first pp egg after Callum).  I didn't ovulate until I night weaned the first time and haven't night weaned E yet.  
  • Options
    I got mine back around 6 months, even though I was ebfing as well as night nursing (not by choice, Dd is a really crappy sleeper). Boo. The only good part is that it came back to a perfect cycle, so at least I know when its coming.
  • Options
    With DD1 I EP until she was 1, I got my period back a month later.  With DD2 I BF until she was 11 months, then pumped until she was 1.  I literally got my period 2 days after stopping.  Totally wasn't expecting that!

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Options
    Unfortunately, at 3 months PP despite EBF, continued night feedings until 15 months, etc.  :( I was so bummed.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine came back at 4 months PP, even though we've been breastfeeding all along and still am at 17 months! I wish I could have had some more time without it! I think mine came back so early because I returned to work full-time after 4 months and was pumping rather than feeding from "the tap" during the days. DD was still nursing during the night up until 11 months, too! Oh well. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    Exactly 13 months after giving birth.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Three days ago (so almost 15 months).  She still eats twice daily and at least 1-2 times during the night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nine weeks PP with DD, seven with DS.  Stupid AF.  Angry  And yes, I EBFed both of them, and no, they did not STTN early (or ever, in the case of DS, who is still nursing).  I was never even that regular before I had kids, except on BC; I have clockwork cycles now.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    19 months and still nothing in sight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm one of the unlucky ones. With DD1 I got it back at a little over 2 months PP even though I was EBF every 2 hours night and day, bedsharing, etc. With DD2 I got it back at 5 WEEKS postpartum even though I was EBFing/bedsharing and I was even tandem nursing!
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options
    I got mine at 13.5 months. It was about a couple of weeks after I dropped all pumping sessions and was down to just BF'ing morning and night.
    My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
    BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
    BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
    BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
    BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
    BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
    BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d
  • Options
    I voted "not yet" because you didn't have any options for after 12 months.  It was around 16mo, IIRC.
    IMG_8355
  • Options

The week before DD's 1st birthday.  It was not welcome!

But I did take a bit of hit in supply and bf hurt like it hadn't in awhile.  I guess it was ok because I'm trying to pump wean during the work week.

DD was still being night nursed too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"