December 2012 Moms
Options

baby shivers in womb?

Ok, I am freaking out here. These aren't hiccups and not normal movements but like seizures or shivers. She has had them all morning in between normal movement. I called the OB answering service and they are calling me back but wondering if anyone else has had this?

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: baby shivers in womb?

• Options
    I've read that it can either be from baby's nervous system developing or it's the baby crying. Nothing to worry about :
  • Options
    I felt this about a month or so ago. I called my OB and he told me that it's either the baby is shaking himself from a position he got stuck in or it's his nervous system developing. Nothing to worry about.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get those! It feels like the baby is trying to break out really gently. I took it as the baby wiggling to wake up. You know how when you stretch and it feels soooo good? Like that. Ha!
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have felt these kinds of shivers for months, and have had no problems with the baby. I don't think it is anything to worry about! 
  • Options
    Yep, I felt those all the time for awhile! I'm sure it's totally normal :)

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Just as other pp's I've had this happen since I felt movement around 22 weeks. I've also been told it's nothing to worry about!

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• Options
    Normal. I've experienced that with all 3.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    As all the pps have said it's so normal. I actually had it happen at an ob apt and my ob felt it too she said they do not know what causes it...but its totally normal!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've had this several times with both pregnancies. My doc attributes it to baby's developing nervous system, or just rapidly moving positions. Another bumpie on here said her doc explained it as brief uterine spasms/twitches. Either way, nothing to worry about.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I started getting them about 8 weeks ago, really freaked me out. I asked the OB and she said it's usually the baby being stuck or in a position they don't like and they are trying to get out of that position. Nothing to worry about but it's such a weird feeling!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"