June 2011 Moms
Options

Who's climbing the couch?

One of our new milestones![Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who's climbing the couch?

• Options
    He has been for about 8 months now....currently he is flipping off the couch!
  • Options
    She has been doing it for quite some time now. And runs back and forth on it. And will stand at one end and fall backward on it. Several little heart attacks each day because of that couch.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our couch is pushed against the wall and I have walked in and seen DS2 standing on the back of the couch leaning against the wall. I can tell DS2 will be my trouble maker because DS1 never did this but after seeing his little brother do it he thinks it is hilarious and always follows suit.

No amound of telling them no, time outs, diversion, etc... had caused them to cease this activity.  We talked out moving the couch but then they'd crawl up and just jump off the back and that is worse.

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD just started climbing everything about a week ago! She's always been very cautious and the climbing is going to give me gray hairs.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    DD can easily climb up one couch in the living room, but hasn't been able to master the second one which is a little bit taller (and right in front of the coffee table).  I know it's only a matter of time...
  • Options
    Our couch is below a window.  She climbs up and sits half on sill half on the top of the couch.  Its gives me a heart attack because she thinks the best way of getting down is falling into the cushions. 

photo a1c2c501-51d6-4155-bc5d-e15072d2426d_zps1135e754.jpg 

**Siggy Challenge What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives**

• Options
    I can't think of much he isn't climbing.  He climbs on the couch, chairs, shelves, the bed, whatever looks climbable at the moment.  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    The couch????? Why yes he's climbing on the couch, the coffee table, the kitchen chairs to get to the kitchen table....absolutly everything he can climb he will. I'm holding off putting up a Christmas tree because I'm sure he will climb to the top of that too!
  • Options
    We run on the couch too...new thing is climbing on the chair to get to the kitchen countertops! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Options
    He started climbing the couch long ago.  He likes to climb the bay window and run back and forth, plus play with toys.  But his new favorite is to climb on the coffee table and his water table we brought inside for the winter.  DH calls it is very own jungle gym.  
  • Options
    My son is climbing too and not showing any sign of realizing he can fall and hurt himself.  I try not to let him stand on couch if I am sitting on it to curb it but still how the heck are you supposed to teach them they cant go flying off the back of the couch?
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    Audrey is a climber in general.  She will climb anything she can.  When she's hungry, she even tries to climb in her high chair.  We have a tall table with tall chairs, and her high chair is really just a booster that sits in the table chair.  So for her to climb, it's a bit of "hike". lol
  • Options
    DS has been doing this for a few months now. He used to be a lot worse about standing/walking/running on the couch. Any of those things will get him kicked off the couch and he hates that so he has gotten better. He did fall over the arm one time and fell onto a toy.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"